52. Head Duties

"Lily hurry up, we will be late," said James.

"For god's sake James, it's 10:35 only," Lily shouted as she ran around the home collecting things.

"She is always like this," commented Richards.

"Instead of standing there can't you help me pack," Lily shouted.

James sighed and ran up the stairs and into her room, her trunk lay open in the middle of the room, few of her things were lying here and there, he started putting everything in the trunk, Felix came running into the room and rushed under the bed.

"Mum, have you seen Felix?" came Lily's voice from down.

"She is here," said James.

They both were finally ready and out of the house by 10:48, Rose was looking at them with teary eyes, she gave them a tight hug and Richard said goodbye to them.

"Do come to visit us during Christmas," said Rose to James.

"Of course, I will come," smiled James.

She then whispered to Lily as she hugged her, "Don't go breaking up with him, he is a really nice boy."

"I am not planning to," replied Lily with watery eyes. "Bye, dad. Bye, Tuney."

"Let's go," said James taking her hand. Both of them waved at the others and after making sure no one was watching they disapparated.

"Hurry James, we need to board the train now," said Lily.

 "It was Felix's fault really, she sat on my shoulder and her tail came swinging in front of my eyes," said James moving towards the train.

"We are Heads, we should be punctual," said Lily shaking her head.

"What a hypocrite!" muttered James putting their trunks on the train.

"What?"

"If you would have packed fast then we wouldn't have been late," James pointed out.

The train whistle blew.

"Oh shit! Let's go to the Prefect compartment, we have to conduct the meeting," said Lily.

"I am nervous," James informed her as he followed her. Lily stopped in her path and turned to look at him, he really looked nervous. "I mean I have never been to a prefect meeting before."

Lily placed her hand on side of his face, "James you have got it, and I will be with you, we are together, okay?" James nodded. "It's simple like being a captain of a bigger team and managing more things, just like it said in the letter. You will do great, trust me." 

James smiled and kissed her, "Thanks."

They both entered the compartment first and took the head seat, James was fidgeting in his seat so Lily placed her hands over his hand and pressed it, soon the prefect started entering the compartment, and they were all looking at James oddly, soon Remus entered and winked at them, he was followed by a shy looking Mary, who has been made prefect to fill Lily's place, she smiled at them before taking a seat by Remus. 

Then came the Slytherins and with them came Severus Snape, who stopped in the path and threw James a disgusting look. "This is no place for you Potter, you may own other things but this can't be earned by money and looks."

"Actually, I think I can buy it with my talent and skills, which you certainly don't have," snapped James.

"You are a Head Boy?" asked Merula, the Slytherin Prefect.