46. The Offer (Dumbledore vs Grindlwald)

The castle was very silent, if you leave the hospital wing, where 10 nurses were treating all the injured students, Lily never knew that the infantry had the magic to expand itself to meet the needs, there were about 40 wounded students and villagers, including Rosemarta.

Lily was lying on her bed, the curtains drawn around her, and a lot of lotions and pastes were applied all over her body, she was much more injured than she had thought, every 20 minutes she was given a potion to drink, because of the dementor attack.

When she reached the castle she found that many students and villagers had been attacked by dementors though they hadn't kissed anyone, but had just given them a taste of the worse. Dorcas Meadows was to thank for her quick wit, and skills as she immediately took action and started escorting students to the castle, and made sure that fewer and fewer people get injured.

The teachers arrived at the Hogsmeade for aid, but were stopped by death eaters, and thus were engaged in fighting them. The next news she heard was that there was another Deat eater attack, at the house of the Minister of Magic, her son was kidnapped and then killed in front of the ministry, and someone in the ministry has betrayed and joined Voldemort, the next attack was at Aurors office near the Ministry of Magic and Voldemort was there too. According to Professor Sprout, 4 Aurors, 1 trainee Auror, and 6 ministry workers were killed. Dumbledore was lured there, he was negotiating with Voldemort, so the Death Eaters decided to attack the students.

James has collapsed by the time they reached the castle, he has vomited twice on the way to the castle. Mary was shaken to her core, the dementor's attack was horrifying for her, but after being treated by the nurses she was asleep. 

On her way back to the castle, she learned that Sirius and Marlene fought one Death Eater, there mostly injured because they came in contact with a blast and had saved three kids from the fire. 

Remus and Peter were near Three Broomsticks, they didn't have to fight any death eaters, as Professor Murphy was there, and Remus and Peter were able to escape easily, though they fought off a dementor.

So, overall Lily had concluded that she and Mary had faced the worst after James, who has to witness a murder, Lily wanted to go and hold him but she was not in that condition and he too was asleep.    

The nurse came and give her the sleeping potion at last, and she fell into a peaceful sleep, away from all worldly worries.

The next morning all the students were called into The Great Hall, the students were much quiet than usual, they didn't know about the death yet, the quietest table was of Gryffindor, all the students were sad, most of them heard about Amy's death, her friends were huddled together crying. Lily sat with the other six, her eyes watery, her head resting on James' shoulder, and she was holding his one hand tightly, while his other hand was around her shoulders. James' eyes weren't watery but were red, giving hint that he has cried before coming to the hall, his face showed no emotions. Marls and Mary were sitting together opposite them with grim expressions. Sirius and Peter were sitting beside James, talking in whispers and making sure to not disturb anyone, Remus was sitting beside Lily, holding Mary's hand from across the table.

Dumbledore entered and stood in front of the staff table to face the students, he cleared his throat and began speaking.

"Yesterday, was a sad day for Hogwarts," said Dumbledore, James closed his eyes. "Many students and people were injured, and we lost two of our people." The students gasped. "Professor Murphy who was present in Hogsmeade died protecting the students, she was a talented woman, who was courageous to fight for the right." Dumbledore paused for a moment as he looked at the Gryffindor table, "The other person who left us was Amy Glen," the students gasped, murmured and looked at the Gryffindor table in the hope to find Amy sitting there, but she wasn't there. "A brave Gryffindor student, known for her politeness and friendly nature, she was one of the lovable students. I would like you all, please, to stand, and raise your glasses, to Amy Glen, and Professor Murphy."