Chapter 40: The Whisperers

Start from the beginning

-"Was it that obvious." I say.

-"Everyone knew it was going to happen, it was just the matter of when. Jesus said this year I guessed next year so it looks like he won." Tara says.

-We hear the loud rumbling noise of a motorcycle and that gives us the cue that Daryl is back.

-We walk out of the barrington house and they all come through the gate. They have a girl tied up and blindfolded on a horse and I look at the horse behind them and see Aaron escorting it with the slumped body of Jesus on it.

-I give Aaron a hug. This is a huge loss on the hilltop. Jesus was an amazing person. I have explain to Maya that Uncle Jesus is dead too so it makes it even worse.

-"What happened." Tara asks.

-"He was killed by someone in this girls group." Michonne says and pulls the blindfolded girl off the horse.

-"They wear the walker skins." Magna says and shows a peeled off face of a walker.

-"What the hell." I say.

-"Yeah, I know we got some lunatics out there." Yumiko says.

-I help Siddiq get Eugene to the infirmary.

-"I need to talk to Maya before she finds out from someone else about Jesus." I say to Siddiq.

-"I'll get his knee back in place. Go find her." Siddiq says.

-I run to Joannas.

-"Mommy." Maya says when I open the door and gives me a hug.

-"Hey princess." I say.

-"Mommy you seem sad." She says.

-"I let you two talk." Joanna says and walks out of the room.

-"What's going on." Maya says.

-I get on one knee to be on her level.

-"Uncle Jesus went out yesterday to look for our friends. He didn't make it back." I say.

-"He's dead?" Maya says.

-"I'm afraid so sweetheart." I say.

-"What happened. How did he die?" Maya says.

-"Someone took his life." I say.

-"What. Why would someone do that?" Maya says and starts crying.

-I pull her in and she holds on to me tightly. "There are bad people in this world Maya."

--------------------------

-We have a funeral for Jesus and Maya holds onto my side the whole time. Michonne and everyone else from Alexandria head back to warn their group about what's outside the walls. That girl that was part of the group that killed Jesus still hasn't talked. I am very worried about Alden. He's still out there and he doesn't know about the threat him and Luke are up against.

-I go up to the watch post. Maya told me she wanted to play with her friends. She knows what happened and I think the funeral gave her some closure. I'm glad she's able to move on. I was worried that she wouldn't get past it. Lucky she doesn't have my inability to move on.

-"Hey." Magna says coming up to the watchtower.

-"Hey you're one of us now it's good having you." I say.

-"Thanks. What's got you up here?" Magna says.

-"Alden he's my... Well I don't even know what to call it. It's all so new, so." I say.

-"I got one of those too. Lukes a survivor. Alden's in good hands." Magna says.

-"Lukes in good hands too." I say.