73. Albania, Vampires and Captured

Start from the beginning

"Shut up," she murmured.

"I wasn't going to say anything," he couldn't help his giggles.

"Ugh, stop it. I am hungry."

"I got it covered, Evans," he gave her a packet with rolls in it. " You know we're in a forest."

"Oh, I didn't notice it at all,"

"And that stag is called the king of the forest,"

Lily froze and jerked her head to look at him with a worried expression.

"All four of my guardians died. Did you knew who the prophecy was about?" Lily bit her lips and avoided his eyes. "So, you knew, I was a bit foolish to overlook it."

Her heartbeat increased, she has thought about it many times but never had the courage nor she felt it necessary to talk about it to him.

"How long have you known?"

"Since Dumbledore pointed out that Stag is the king of the forest," 

"And you still married me?"

"James, that's the stupidest thing you have asked. Of course, I married you, I love you."

"If Voldemort finds out then you will be in danger," he looked at her sadly.

"I am already in danger, remember, a muggleborn, rejected his offer, am Andraste, an Order member."

"I didn't wanted to put you in danger, ever, Lily," 

She cupped his face, "I know. It doesn't matter, James, all that matters to me is that we're together in it."

"We're not telling it to anyone else, okay?" she nodded.

"Are you afraid?" 

"Of course, I am. It'd be foolish to say 'no' but I am more worried about you, Lily,"

"Don't, okay? I was already going to die trying to kill him, now, I have one more reason to kill him. I want to protect my husband."

"But how can I defeat him? I have no powers to match him, I have seen the magic he has used, it's very powerful, dark and disgusting. And I here, can't kill even a death eater without thinking a thousand times."

"You have me, James. You have your friends. Don't worry we'll defeat him. We still have Dumbledore."

James smiled and nodded. "We'll defeat him."

She stood up, "Come on, Potter, let's find that bloody diadem and get done with it."

"As you say, m'lady," he stood up and bowed.

Another three-hour trip and no sign of the tree or any kind of magical traces yet. Though disappointed they continued searching for it but sadly night fell and they decided to call it a day, they put up the camp at a safe place, casted protective charms around them and snuggled into a cosy sleep bag.

Things in Diagon Alley weren't great at all, pureblood wizards were more open about their opinions against muggleborns and were openly using racial slurs. Marlene has been stationed with five Order members and ten Aurors to guard the Leaky cauldron on 31st August, before the beginning of term. Though no death eaters appeared at the scene, many riots broke out at several places the entire day. The muggleborns and muggles had to face abuse from the higher classes. Many defended them but they were in small numbers.

The situation worsened when the Flint family attacked a muggle family, who have came to shop for their third-year son. In response, the Bones family attacked the Flint family. The Aurors had to interfere to stop the fight. A week has passed but still people were all nervous while shopping in the Alley.