Breaking Him (III)

Start from the beginning

"You thought I lied to you?" I narrowed my eyes at him and it seemed that he wasn't affected by it. His eyes then glazed over with unshed tears at the food that tasted like his mother's and I felt a sense of victory and guilt, both. But, the image of Humayun's heart bleeding and his blank eyes staring into space strengthened my resolve.

He abruptly served himself and chomped huge morsels, relishing all the special spices I put in there. "So, you're finally over it or decided to just enjoy the luxuries?"

Oh, the heartlessness! How could I forget?

"Maybe I've accepted life, and got accustomed to your presence with mine." I simply replied back. He stopped eating for a second or two at that and resumed again.

"I don't like eating alone. Eat." He ordered and I obediently sat down on the chair beside his. A small bite seemed to fill my stomach and I only fidgeted with the roti after that.

He did the dishes after we were done and that thoroughly astonished me. I followed him back to the room and he cocked a brow at why I went behind him everywhere. I mustered enough courage and grabbed his left hand in my small one.

"Could've just opened your loud mouth and told me that you wanted a hug." He stated with a smirk and pulled me to his chest, tightly encasing me in his embrace. I felt his thuddering heart under his shirt and he inhaled deep breaths, holding me against himself. For some reason, the feeling of being protected lingered in the back of my brain.

No! This man can never protect me. He murdered my brother.

He disengaged myself from him and stopped me at a distance of a hand from his face. My breathing quickened. This was not what I planned. He placed his hand on the either side of my neck and faced me upwards. Eyes into eyes.

"Are you afraid of staring into my eyes, Janan?" He questioned in a mocking tone and my heart fell in the pit of my stomach.

Did he know?

"I don't fear anything anymore. Rather, it would be you who fears me leaving you alone." I answered back slipping a hint of truth in it and strengthened myself.

There was no way he'd know.

"So, you have plans of reducing me to ruins by doing that?" He counter questioned and this time I seriously doubted if he could read my mind. But, he didn't deny my claim. That was a bonus point on my part.

He tilted his head with a charismatic smile adorning his face. "Even if you do, I wish to see it." With that, he leaned closer and my mind went into code red.

I immediately jumped back and he frowned at my act. I kept my eyes lowered to not let my panic get registered, but he marched towards me instead.

What is happening? Why isn't it going my way? Ya Allah, help.

He stopped a step away from me and stared at the side of my face. He then brought his left hand forward, the one which I held a few moments ago and silently asked me to do what I was going to. This gesture of his warmed my heart and I checked his eyes once. The blue tonight, seemed like the peaceful ocean and I wanted to let my boats sail freely.

I calmly grabbed his hand and made him sit on the couch. I then ran towards the kitchen and got two Rafaellos. His brows crunched at the item in my hand and he questioned me with his eyes. "Open your mouth."

He begrudgingly widened his mouth and I put the crunchy sweet inside with a huge smile. I nibbled on mine as well.

"Thank you." He spoke after a while, staring at the ground and my satisfied smirk made an appearance. I don't know if he was talking about the date or the chocolate, but whatever it was, this was the response I needed. He was weak right now.