Chapter 53- A conversation and revelation

Sammy Lawrence spared a glance up at his lord, instantly averting his eyes when he saw that the demon was still scowling. His ink practically boiled with anger, and to think that it's been around an hour since the argument with the lost one...

Norman had joined your group, with Connor and your father, and everyone had parted ways. You had eagerly dispersed in hopes that it would end the feud between them for the time being, and Bendy didn't complain. He didn't want to see that old coot any more than he had to. 

But now he was stuck with a nosy prophet and a stubborn dog, and he wasn't speaking to either of them. They were just beginning to make their way up to level 9, as most of their time had been spent staying in the village until the ink demon had composed himself enough to finish discussing their options. Of course, the only ways that the demon knew of were back on the other side of the river, and through the gate that the cops had come through, so some of them had to backtrack in order to begin their slow travels. 

(Y/n) and Dale's groups were still together, and they would have to split up later because they were both going to use the stairwells to get to Alice's domain. Bendy, Tom, and Sammy were going through the gate in the village. The demon knew an alternate way from there, and they would enter level 9 through the lift. The current situation was a little uneasy, because once the three of them had passed through the gate, they realized they had to walk on flimsy, thin planks, carelessly placed over a seemingly bottomless pit where the floor of the hallway was supposed to be.

Bendy found himself slightly worried about you the entire time, but he tried to remind himself that you were with the others, and that you were okay.

The musician sighed quietly to himself, looking down at his boots to manage his footing as he crossed over the planks behind Bendy. "You shouldn't hold a grudge M'Lord."

The ink demon growled and looked angrily at the prophet behind him, his sudden motions causing the planks under him to shake and startle the rest of his group. Tom couldn't speak, but he was very clearly agitated with the demon's absent minded actions. It was almost like the toon didn't give a shit if they were to fall because of him.

"You're one to talk, Mr. betrayed and abandoned! You held onto that one for years! Don't think I forgot about that!" The demon hissed, turning forward again and stomping across the planks.

The prophet frowned with disappointment at the reply, trying to maintain balance as the planks continued to creak weakly with the weight they had to withstand. He didn't like to be reminded of that time; the one time he actually said aloud that he was unhappy with his service.  "I don't mean to be rude, M'Lord, but would you mind! I'm gonna fall if you keep walking so arrogantly!"

"Good." Bendy responded, not bothering to look back this time as he moved forward. "That's one of you I don't have to worry about."

"Oh, come on. You're just mad. You don't mean that."

The toon didn't answer, and his shoulders tensed. For Sammy, this was probably one of the only friendly conversations he's had with Bendy.  Sure, (Y/n) kinda eased the tension between them, but normally he'd be near death with every encounter, and it wasn't until then that he realized why you had put him in this group.

This was what you wanted all along, wasn't it?

Sammy grinned to himself and lightly shook his head. He hadn't been too enthusiastic about trying your little idea in Allison's safehouse, but I suppose now he had to if he wanted the demon to cooperate with your father. What made it even worse for him was that Bendy was mad...REALLY mad.

"Ah, stubborn as usual M'Lord."

He couldn't say that this would work. Bendy would most likely shut him down if he tried to get anything out of him, but for once, he might just have to pry a little harder than he's done before. It would degrade his respects for the demon, but now he finally had an opportunity.