Chapter 43- Jealous Lawrence

"(Y/n), wake up. "

The voice rung through your skull, reminding you of what had occured before ending up here. Bendy was gone. The thought hurt your heart. It hurt to recall the moment your view of him was cut off with the flash of the wooden walls and the dripping ink flowing from them. You'd seen those things way too much.

"...Where are we?" You blinked your eyes open, finding yourself sitting up against the wall. Sammy was standing over you with his arms crossed, looking down at you with the stare of his mask boring into your soul.

"You don't remember?" He asked, his voice sounding bored and unamused. "M'Lord had insisted that we escape, so we left his side and scoured the hallways for a while until you got tired. You've been sleeping ever since." He pointed out, lowering a hand down to you. You took his hand and he pulled you up to your feet.

"Although I couldn't recall if we'd run into the door that he'd been talking about." Sammy added, running a finger under his chin thoughtfully.

"Don't tell me..." You paused, frowning at what he was getting at. "Don't tell me that we're lost."

"Seems like that's what happened." The prophet confirmed, turning his head to look down both ends of the hallway. He had his shoulders raised, and he seemed very uneasy with his surroundings.

You couldn't help but notice how much colder the musician appeared when Bendy wasn't around. Since the moment you awoke, his voice just seemed different from how he had talked when you had first met. It was kinda weird, but you didn't pry him about it.

Sammy felt that he had every right to be that way; he wasn't very fond of you anymore...not after seeing you with Bendy like that.

He felt that his obsession with the ink demon had gotten him to a point where he wanted to be more than just a prophet to the dark lord of the studio. The man admired everything that he stood for; everything that the cartoon had done was engraved into his mind like a stone sculpture of the most intricate and astounding detail.

It amazed him...That demon absolutely amazed him...

But when he saw his lord kiss you like that...oh it drove him MAD...

The prophet had to turn away to make sure that you didn't notice his mind slipping away. He didn't want any of his buried emotions to come out and show themselves to you. He couldn't afford to have you telling Bendy about it.

To say that Sammy cared about the ink demon would have been an understatement. He'd give up everything under the sun to get as much as five minutes to just spend time with him.

"You alright Sammy? You've been awful quiet."

He broke from his thoughts and looked at you.

You could get as close to that demon as you wanted, and the toon wouldn't question it. That was such a horrible thing to have to come to terms with. The musician had been trying the same thing for years, yet it took you as little as a few weeks for him to fall head over heels for you.

It just wasn't fair...

He sighed, adjusting his mask to hide his disgust. "Yes...I'm fine. We need to look for another door, since we appear to have lost the one M'lord had mentioned."

The two of you began to walk down the hallway with Sammy in the lead, and you slowly followed behind.

"Why do you call him that?" You interjected from behind him, making him slightly flinch.

"What?" The man questioned.

"Bendy..." You pressed further. "Why do you call Bendy, M'lord?"

The prophet didn't answer for a moment, and you were beginning to feel like you were getting on the man's nerves. As willing as he was to helping you when Bendy was around, you shouldn't have let your guard down now that was just the two of you; you weren't completely sure of his intentions.