Chapter 54- The stairwells

"I sure hope that the others are ok."

You spoke quietly, your shoulders nervously tensed up and a look on uncertainty on your face. You were left with everyone except Tom, Sammy, and Bendy, and were planning on parting ways pretty soon after you got a little closer to your destination.

"They'll be fine." Connor chirped from beside you, placing a hand on your shoulder as you walked through the hallways with the group. "Bendy will keep them out of harm's way; at least I hope he will."

"Can we stop talking about that dreaded demon?" Your father chimed in angrily, crossing his arms over his chest. "All I hear about is Bendy. I'm sick of it."

You let out an audible groan. Your dad was having a very hard time getting over the whole argument with the ink demon. Every time the toon was mentioned, he grew stiff and cold, clearly unhappy with the conversation topic.

It was still undecided what you were going to do when it came to Bendy. Somewhere deep down, you still loved him, and over time it became easier to think about what he'd done without feeling anger or remorse. I guess your heart was beginning to accept what happened. You couldn't change it now though; it was the past.

Which is exactly what your father needed to understand...

"How much farther do we need to go before we split up?"

Allison tilted her head from the front of the group, apparently evaluating the question in her head before replying. "It shouldn't be much farther. The stairwell will lead us right up to level 9, so once we get to it, the rest should be simple. Hopefully the ink demon will have his group up there around the same time. We're gonna need him if we want to face Alice."

You frowned at the news. Sometimes this studio felt like it was all one giant maze, with no exit or ending whatsoever. 

You wanted so badly to see the sun again, and to feel the rush of the air slip through your fingertips. It sounded like heaven the more you began to daydream about it while you walked.

The studio melted away right before your very eyes, and in its place was an open field. You looked around in surprise, confused with what you were seeing. You were standing alone, and it appeared to be an endless stretch of the lush grass blades in every direction, with two rows of trees about 15 feet away on both sides. Looking up at the sky, you stared in awe at the fluffy, white clouds, reaching up with your hands and acting as though they were mere inches from you.

'How is this possible? I'm not dead, am I?'

When your eyes lowered to the space around you once more, you turned to see a dark, and very tall figure approaching in between the trees, coming right up to you. His bowtie bounced lightly with each step he took, and his movements were gentle and fluid. It was Bendy, but why was he here?

He stood in front of you, the jet black ink that made up his form glistening under the bright sun. He said nothing to you, and you smiled as he held out his claws, resting your hand in his. The trees that surrounded the both of you swayed in the breeze, with small, bright leaves floating to the ground in a dreamlike daze.  Everything around you was surreal, and much more vibrant and beautiful than you remembered the world ever being capable of displaying.

The demon smiled down at you, and life was perfect in that moment. Just as you had envisioned perfection would look like, at it's finest. Every sin that either of you had ever committed was forgotten, and his much taller stature had leaned down to get a closer look at your content expression.

It was a little odd how Bendy didn't seem to react to the scenery around him, considering that it was probably the only time he'd ever been outside, but a strong voice, coming from seemingly nowhere, broke you from your state of mind and reminded you of the unfortunate truth.