Chapter 37 Part 1) Don't Cry My Sweetheart

5:43am

Gray's POV

I wake up in a jolt quickly sitting up checking my surroundings in fear that I got kidnapped from the lack of light in the room. Yet instead of being locked up in a cell, I find myself laying down on a soft cozy bed with lot's of pillows surrounding me. 

Aurora's bed I'm assuming based on the amount of pillows I see. 8 fucking pillows. Just like before. Letting out a quiet sigh, I gently rub my eyes side to side before feeling a cold sensation climb onto my forehead while a quiet splat dops down onto my lap. 

Moving my gaze onto it, I realize that it's a wet cloth which I assumed used to be hot but now is slightly cold and damp. Smiling to myself softly, I place it next to her little night stand and gently climb out of bed ignoring the pounding headache smashing against my skull.   

Opening the door which shows an empty hallway, I walk through it passing all the doors before turning left and walking down a semi-long staircase. Heading down to what I assume is the living room, I ignore all the garbage all around the floor and try to find the not so little 5'10 beauty that brought me into this place. 

After just one glance in the living room and seeing no one of interest, I continue on my journey hoping that the treasure I'm seeking is in this household right now. Finding that there are two hallways separating from where I stand right now, I decide to go to my left instead of the right having a gut feeling that Aurora may be in this room. But that's when I hear a quiet sniffle from the other hallway making my legs freeze mid way. 

Staying in my spot waiting for another noise to come out from the other room, I listen to the sound of again, another sniffle making me legs instantly turn around from my direction and quickly striding to Aurora with no extra second wasted. 

Looking at an empty kitchen wondering where she is, a loud sob erupts from behind the counter making my heart jump in fear while thoughts run wild in my head. 

Did she get hurt?

Does she regret taking me in?

Did I do something bad when I passed out on her?

Quietly yet swiftly moving behind the counter, I find Aurora curled up behind the kitchen counter with her head in-between her knees while she continuously rubs her tears away from her face. With my heart shattering in pieces at the sight of Aurora crying, I walk towards her crouching down onto her level raising my hands to caress her hair in trying to comfort her.

Once my hand contacts her hair, she immediately tenses at my touch and goes silent for a whole minute. Frowning at her reaction, I soften my touch before gliding my hand up and down her hair causing her body to shake in sadness as tears puddle the floor in-between her legs. 

"Sweetheart?" I softly whisper to her which immediately causes her to shake her head in retaliation. Lifting my hands out from her hair she raises her head up making sure to wipe her tears roughly before yelling "DON'T CALL ME BABY!" In-between tears.

Shocked at her sudden outburst, I instantly apologize to her. 

"I'm sorry Aurora, I didn't mean to call you t-" 

"Don't you also call me Aurora!" She breaks down even more. "I hate when you call me that." She sniffles while she goes into her 'ugly crying' era.

Baffled, I itch the back of my head not knowing what to call her other than those two names. Opening my mouth to call her something, it immediately closes back up having no idea what to say to her without wanting her to burst out in tears. 

"Gray," she sobs. 

"Yeah?" I sadly reply. 

"I hate you,"