Chapter 16) A little kiss of surprise.

Gray's POV:

I watch as Aurora disappears into the back of the building with an anxious look on her face.

Observing the way Lucas pulls her into a place where I can't see if she's safe or not, the more worried I feel about her safety.

I don't usually feel this nervous when on missions, but here with Aurora, and the fact that she could be getting killed right now sends an uneasiness feeling down my throat. 

Today could be the day that Aurora would be gone from the world. And I'm sure as hell that won't fucking happen. 

Though I'm not saying that I'm worried about her, I do get a bit anxious when she's not around me. 

Once they're both gone from my sight, I press a button on my earpiece as I start telling my teammates to keep our eyes close to Lucas and the other suspects. 

Going to our positions like we all planned to, we start our missions by Noah distracting the hosts for as long as he can while Mark goes to the 'bathroom' to get the weapons ready. Sebastian's and my other men's job is to try and distract every person that comes in contact with any of us so they don't raise their suspicion.

And last of all, Joshua is busy on top of the building watching all camera's located around the building in case something goes wrong. 

Most of the woman on our team are here to talk to everyone to check if there's any spies or weird behavior coming from amongst the hosts, security and guests.

As the day goes on and midnight strikes, I start worrying about Aurora and start having second thoughts about this mission. 

Although it hasn't been long since she's left (it's been 30 minutes), I get a gut feeling she isn't safe. 

I mean she hasn't pressed a button that indicates she needs help, but what if she can't press the button because she is tied up? Worse, her hand got cut off. 

As my thought's swerve in like an ocean wave, the more worrisome I get, quickly pressing my earpiece, I start contacting all my teammates. 

"Hello, can you guys hear me?" 

"Yep" Noah says.

"Yeah" Sebastian replies a second later 

"Yeah we can hear you" Mark quietly whispers into the earpiece hearing a bit of chattering in the background. 

I wait for one more response looking at my watch as it ticks every second, and after like a minute of waiting, I hear a very staticky voice calling out

"Y-y-yeah.... I-I c-can hear yo-u-u" knowing that Joshua is stupid enough to not know how to use an earpiece I ignore how awful his mic sounds and start telling them to hurry the fuck up.

"Listen dumbasses, you guys are working so fucking slow, hurry the fuck up and get this over with" I angrily mutter into the mic.

Hearing nothing but silence, I lift my gaze up to the guys as I watch them quickly talk to guests while sweat drops off of them in fear.

Good.

-----------------

As time comes and the answers we needed are answered, we are finally fucking done with the main part of our mission.

We all meet up at the back of the building revising our plan just in case any one of these fuck ups mess up. Once we're done revising, we get in position outside of Aurora's "torture chamber" waiting for the right time to break the door down and to save Aurora from that fucking monster.