chapter 5) Don't go out

8:45am

"Stupid school," I angrily mutter to my phone the second the I hang up on the school voicemail message. 

Just a few moments ago, I was ready to leave my house to go to school, but before I left, I got a call from the school board saying that classes today and the following week would be cancelled because someone got murdered.

And that person is Jessica, one of Kelly's friend- well minion to be exact.

Scary.

Although Jessica being murdered should be the least of my concerns, I literally woke up just for school just for it to get cancelled!

Why couldn't they have said it any earlier? Actually, maybe they just found out the moment they called me. 

I sigh out loud. 

But hey, at least we get two weeks off of school.

---------------

After changing into some black shorts and a grey sweater snoopy printed right in the middle, I hear my phone vibrating across the table as my Samsung notifications ding repeatedly. 

Jogging up to my phone and checking notification wondering who is blowing up my phone, I watch as 2 of my friends spam text and call me over and over again.

And when I say two friends, they consist of Annie and April (and yes that is all the friends I have). 

Picking up the phone already knowing what they are talking about, I immediately pull my phone away from my ears as they scream into the mic about me not picking the phone up earlier, completely forgetting the fact that I have ears.

"Yeah, yeah sorry for not picking up," I half-yell at them as I rub my ears in pain. 

After getting both of them settled for now, April excitedly exclaims in such a happy tone way too happy for my liking, "Did you guys get a call about the school announcing a murder?" 

"I'm pretty sure everyone did," Annie muttered. 

"Well, who do you think did it?" She questions us. 

"I don't know bob the builder?" Annie sarcastically answered. 

"Wow good one," April said hissed in annoyance, "but come on guys, who do you really think did it? Cause me personally, I think it's the girl who caught her and the boyfriend sleeping together."

"I doubt that" I answer, "I mean have you seen her? She is as sweet as chocolate, do you really think she has the guts to do so?"

"Probably not, but I have a feeling that she killed herself," Annie said out loud making all of us stay silent in shock. 

"Um, maybe next theory." April tensely said trying to change the topic of suicide.

"Wait, wait, here's my explanation! When you look at Jessica, you can tell she wasn't a very happy person, and I'm pretty sure she hated being one of Kelly's dog, she was always so sad looking when around Kelly!" Annie quickly explained.

"Even if she didn't like being with Kelly, I don't think that's something to kill herself for," April reasons. 

"I mean do it I would if I were her." I muttered under my breath. And somehow, they both heard which made them give me a small look of sadness knowing what I've been through because of her. 

"Sorry to hear that, I've seen the way they treated you and it makes me want to kill Kelly myself." April assures making a small smile creep up my face. 

And before I can thank them for their kindness (which rarely happens), the door bell rings indicating that someone's here. 

Confused on who could be the visitors, I quickly say my goodbyes to the both of them as I run to the door a bit excited on who the visitor could.