Chapter 28) Home

Unknown time.

Waking up to the feeling of warmth surrounding me, I slightly open my eyes adjusting to the sudden light shining onto me.

This is way too bright-

I probably just fucking died in my sleep.

Well fuck.

Slowly getting up into a sitting position with my legs crossed, I rub my eyes wondering where I am in heaven.

From what I know I'm in a rocky place, very echoey, and I see Gray.

Is this what heaven is like?

Cause if it is, then this sucks ass.

"Aurora hurry up before we get caught" Gray rushes while picking up his clothes on the ground while quickly putting his clothes on.

"Get caught by who? God?" I mumble still confused on what's going on.

"God? What the fuck are you on about?" Gray quickly questions as he quickly rushes to me and picks me up bridal style with such force I almost flew above him.

Yelping at the sudden speed, I start wiggling around out of his grip trying to get him to put me down.

"Gray! What are you doing! Did the dirty water get into your head??"

"It seems like the Russian has somewhat found our location," he breathlessly says to me while quickly sliding down the dirty part of the mountain with no fear.

"WHAT!" I yell in surprise at the Russians finding us, and the fact that he's sliding down a fucking mountain.

"Yeah, but if you keep screaming like this, not only will they catch us, but we'll also be seeing your God." He murmurs trying to keep as quiet as possible while going around trees keeping himself hidden.

Thinking of all possibilities on how the Russian could've found us, I don't realize the sudden sounds of shooting and screaming behind us.

Letting out a squeal in fear that they'd already found us, I hear Gray say, "Chillax, they're probably at the peak of the mountain, so we have at least a 10-minute head start," he replies while keeping up his pace with no break.

And knowing how fast Gray is, I didn't know he was this fast in his point of view now that I'm in his arms. 

Letting out a non-existent sigh, I realize that I'd never stand a chance against him, whether it was in a fight, race, or even a fucking cooking battle.

That's how amazing he is.

Not saying that he's better than me, but he is quite skillful, especially with his hands.

Shaking my head trying to think of something else other than his hands, I tilt my head back trying to see whether or not the Russians have somehow found us and started following Gray, and although I cannot see them, I'm assuming they haven't.

Yet.

---------------------

Finally, after what seems like hours, Gray slowly starts to slow down and tries to catch his breath by leaning against a tree with me still in his arms.

"This is why you shouldn't run with me in your arms, look how tired you look," I say to him in a worried tone while brushing the hair away from his sweaty forehead.

With him taking one deep breath he let's out a quick sentence following the words, "Stop calling yourself fat,"

"I never said I was fat, all I said was that I'm heavy," I say letting out a small smile knowing that he doesn't see me the way I see myself.