77. Wings

。・:*:・゚★,"Go. Do what you have to do." ・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。"I will do as I please

。・:*:・゚★,。"I will do as I please."・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

When I was little I used to play with these little stuffed toys, a fox, a bear and a peregrine. The bird would fly high and call out the shots, telling the others what to do and where to attack. The eyes in the sky that would never lead us astray. While the fox would come up with the plans, my cunning little creature that would plot and scheme and keep us all on track. The bear was my sweet protector, he'd keep us safe from harm and the other animals respected him, they followed his orders.

Not like they did with the fox, for though his plans always worked he was conniving and a liar and many couldn't trust him for fear of his tricks. None but the bear was strong enough to survive his games. None but the peregrine who flew high above and saw straight the little fox's tricks and would set traps of her own to catch him at his own game.

I think of them now. I think of what Beatrix would say with her lab knowledge and tracking gear, of Sky and his desire to join us out in the field to keep us safe and Riven- my cunning mate who helped come up with this plan.

I wish they were here, by my side.

They are. I tilt my head, listening to Little Shadow as my own dark power twines up my body and circles my arms. You know they always stand by you.

I take a shaky breath and let my power devour me.

Now the real fun begins.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Beatrix

"Are you okay?" I whisper back to Irene as we make our way through the cramped tunnel. "Do you want to slow down."

"I'm fine." She gasps out but I can hear the exhaustion in her voice, she's been on her feet all day. Not to mention the stress. "How much further?"

"Just a little. We should come out near the winx suit. Then we'll make our way through the fire exit to the back of the school. A truck is waiting for us."

"What about Sky? I can't leave without saying goodbye to him." Irene grinds out as she hastily follows me.

"He's getting your stuff, he'll meet us at the truck and come with us until the border." I answer, opening the hidden door connected to the portrait.

"Then he's heading back to the front. To Saul and Andreas." it's not a question but I answer yes anyway. Sky should have an hour ago but he stayed for Irene and to help with the work in the lab. "Are you sure this is the right way, Mikrí Kataigída?"

"Of course. Riven I have snuck out here loads of times to-" I break off into a cough as I realise what I said.

"To smoke?" I can hear her disapproval and I hide my wince. "Of course, just like your father and I- Please tell me it's not an addiction and just an occasional pastime."