40. ・゚☆。Argument or Sex

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★, "all I wanted was to be your friend

。・:*:・゚★, "all I wanted was to be your friend. Maybe more if you had let me" 。・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

This kiss isn't the end of our argument, it's a continuation of it, and his lips press against mine with bruising intensity. Like he's trying to shut me up and prove something to me at the same time. My body goes rigid with shock for a second, but then it responds with a fierceness that surprises even me. My hands thread through his hair, gripping the roots like I'm trying to yank the strands out, as I attack his mouth with lips, teeth and tongue.

It's not a sweet kiss.

It's not even a hot kiss.

It's more like a natural disaster, a tornado tearing through the landscape, destroying everything in its path and leaving the world as it once existed in ruins.

It's fire.

It's pain

It's need.

I'm clawing at Sky's scalp, trying to climb his body, gasping and panting and mocking low incoherent noises. His large hands are everywhere, sliding down my sides, cupping my hips, pinching at my waist, curling up the sides of my breasts. Then suddenly his hands are on my shoulders shoving me away.

I nearly stumble as he pushes me away, breaking my hold on him. His hair is wild from my fingers, his face flushed, and his lips are swollen from the attack. He blinks and stares at me like he can't believe what just happened, like he's not sure how he got here, or how I got here, or who either of us are anymore.

He looks almost... scared.

His gaze shutters as he takes another step away from me, shaking his head. "I'm not doing this again, I'm not getting dragged into your mess only for you to turn around and hurt me. I can't do this, Octavia, I can't feel this connection to you and then feel it shatter and break every time something happens to cause doubt in my mind."

Then he turns around and walks through the corridor, his steps fast and heavy.

Oh abso-fucking-lutely not. I seethe, wishing I had my shadows to yell at him for me.

My mind appears to be several seconds behind my body, however that doesn't really matter since I'm already moving. Storming after him and barrelling up the stairs onto the next floor. Sky Ashford has been yanking my fucking emotions back and forward since the moment I met him, and there is no way in hell I am letting him get away with the last word on this.

Over my dead-fucking-body.

"I cause doubt! How dare you blame me for your own trauma clouding your judgement. We might not have caused the shit that happened to us but we are all fucking responsible for our mental health and how it affects us and others. You don't get to just blame your issues on me. Your doubt is not my fault. It's not my fault you don't know how to have a healthy relationship. Or how to talk through your problems or how to love someone without trying to fix them." I catch up to him on the top landing and shove at his back. "What are you so afraid of, huh? What is this mysterious thing that keeps causing you to pull back, that's driving you towards Bloom when we can all fucking see you only want to fix her. I don't give a fuck about your daddy issues Sky, all I wanted was to be your friend. Maybe more if you had let me but noooo. No one can close to great Sky of fucking Erakylon."