62. The Date

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,"Let's see what prince charming has planned

。・:*:・゚★,"Let's see what prince charming has planned.":*:・゚☆

Octavia

"Nothing? Really?" I demand of Sky as he leads me out to the stables where Riven waits for us. "Bloom told you nothing?"

"She mentioned searching for her birth parents and that Stella had been helping her through the royal archives and one of her contacts." He soothes, trying to calm my anxious nerves at not having enough information. "I assume one of the contacts was Brandon."

I huff and open my mouth to say more but Sky silences me with a look.

"We have spent the whole day doing nothing but boring training and plotting for a war. Can we not have one evening of peace?" He pleads, using the puppy dog eyes that have me melting everytime. "And the war games start tomorrow so we'll be exhausted for at least the next two weeks with the repercussions."

Heat rises to my cheeks as I blush at being called out.

"Okay." I murmur, and a small smile graces my mate's face as he looks down at me. "No work, no war, no fighting. Just us."

I suck in a sharp breath as Sky presses his mouth to mine, my hands sliding to twine with the hair at the bottom of his neck. A whimper escapes me as he nibbles at my bottom lip, begging to be let in but I tug sharply at his, causing him to gasp and I quickly use the opportunity to-

We jerk apart at the sound of a horse neighing. A blush coats Sky's neck as Riven stands barely two metres away from us, holding two horses and giving us a shit eating grin with his pupils blown wide.

"No no," He smirks. "Don't stop on my account, I was just enjoying the show."

Sky scoffs and walks forward, taking the pale grey mare from Riven's grasp, pausing suddenly to dart forward and whisper something into Riven's ear that has him blushing and looking away.

What was that?

Sky finally grew some balls and flirted with Riven.

Thank fuck. I thought I was going to have to start flirting on their behalf.

Riven quickly strides back to the stables as I stroke the chestnut mare before me, admiring her smooth coat and kind eyes. Something tells me she's going to be a racer though. There's a familiar storm in her eyes that I would see Beatrix's before she obliterates her opponents.

"Here." Sky walks towards me, "Let me help you up."

He doesn't give me a second to question before grabbing by the waist and smoothly lifting up till my arse rests against the saddle and I'm left staring down at him in surprise.

"You are going to need to swing your leg round, Octa." He smirks, appreciating my dumbfounded expression at my mates strength. "I don't fancy worrying about the dangers of you riding side saddle."