43. Surprise Guests

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★"Riven is not your family, he is ours now

。・:*:・゚★"Riven is not your family, he is ours now.",。・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

The shadows roar and shriek with battle cries of pure blood lust as the room descends into darkness. Inky black shadows float through the room, until the noise goes suddenly silent and I watch in horror as the shadows recede the edges of the wall until it looks like we are in a realm filled with darkness, the tables and chairs have been disintegrated to nothing but ash and they drift on a dead breeze across the room. Everyone stands in an unnatural stillness and as my senses come back to me I can feel the pain in my back. I instinctively hook my pinkie through Riven's, freezing when he doesn't curl his around mine like normal.

I don't know what's happening.

Shadow-like figures prowl through the room, each one dressed in a different soldier's armour of pure black, I can hear their thoughts, their plans of pure destruction at the threats sent to those they consider theirs.

How dare you speak of them in such a way. Asmodeus snarls, his voice reverberating around the room until it echoes and echoes and repeats time and time again.

We should kill you where you stand. Belial seethes and I see Luna's eyes look to the ministers for their guards but they merely look around in confusion.

They can't see us I realise and freeze when my statement is echoed around the room.

No, they cannot, mistress. Little shadow whispers, voice floating like a lyrical tune through the room. Your light is particularly useful in that regard.

I slowly pivot in a circle before walking through the room, brushing a hand gently over Sky as I pass him, weaving silently through the people frozen in time. They seem to have captured the Villarreals, Queen Luna and General Lýkos, the Silva family with their new addition and Beatrix. Dowling appears to leading the Winx girls and my twin from the room, though she looks back at the area where we stand in confusion and I see her eyes have been clouded over slightly by a dark mist.

This is going to be a shit storm to fix.

We won't fix it till you're done mistress. Darkling croones as his lithe form stalks towards me. They insulted your mates, you can do as you please.

My mates?

Sky and Riven of course. He replies with forced brightness. A fine pair indeed.

You did not know? Asmodeus asks, drifting through the air above to float towards Regina. Shame, Riven has known for a while, we thought he would have told you.

And how long have you known? I arch a brow, feeling defensive of my own naivety.

It explains why I was attracted to both of them so easily and why Riven didn't get overprotective when I was with Sky.