56. Arguments between Twins

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★ "How many times do I have to tell you not to plot in front of a member of the Royal family

。・:*:・゚★ "How many times do I have to tell you not to plot in front of a member of the Royal family." *:・゚☆

Octavia

"What were you thinking?" I ask desperately, arms wrapped tightly around my body as I stare at Stella in worry. "To go out into the woods unarmed, to go looking for the Burned One-"
"I needed the ring back!" She cries, eyes watering as her body shakes. "You know how mother is!"

"And I would have gotten you the ring-"

"When? When- you have known for weeks about the ring, weeks while I have been suffering under fear of her wrath!"

"She wouldn't have-"

"You know she would!" She snaps, shaking as tears slowly drip down her face. "You know she would take any chance possible to have me back at the palace again, in her clutches."

"I know." I soothe feeling a headache begin to form and I absently pluck a strawberry from my plant. "But we could have done it safely-"

"So you're saying I was reckless?" She demands. "Don't you think I know that already!"

I watch my sister begin to break down, feeling as though I'm not in the room with her. As though I'm watching the argument from afar.

"Little Lámpsi-"

"Don't call me that!" She screams, "stop making everything right for once."

Silence echoes through the room.

"You always have to make everything right! Not everything can be fixed and you have to accept that!"

She looks so strange, like a wraith floating in sadness, in this dreamy world of guilt and suffering.

"I alway fuck up, and you always find fault in what I do!" Her voice is muffled and I stare at her silently.

"Lámpsi." I mutter, staring around at the tilting world in confusion.

"No," She states, her resolve steeling. "I have been trying and trying to find a way to talk to you about it but there's never a right time."

Talk about what?

"You! And what you think of me!" I hadn't realised I asked my question aloud.

"Never mind what you think of me, actually. You always use me as a way to control your life and I know, I know, it's the only way you can cope with the fucked up turmoil of yours but it's my life, Tavi. Brandon, my friends, my decisions, they are mine and my choices to make."

Her voice has gone quiet, a pleading note to it.

"You disapprove of Brandon, you dislike my friends-"