52. Old Friends

。・:*:・゚★"Welcome to the family. We eat pizza on Fridays and hunt demons on Sundays.":・゚☆

:・゚★, "We shall have to make this battle worthy of legend then

:・゚★, "We shall have to make this battle worthy of legend then." *:・゚☆

Octavia

With one fell swoop Andreas beheads the Burned One knelt in front of his son. War cries echo through the forest as a troop of Solarian soldiers join the fray, Burned Ones are attacked with fire, lightning and steel, none escaping Andreas' wrath.

Fuck I forgot what he was like when he goes 'dad mode'

Welcome to true blooshed Dumaris and Airfolk, someone was stupid enough to threaten Andreas Ashford of Erakylon's children.

"Octavia! Beatrix!" He roars, signalling to the oncoming Burned One.

When the hell did Bea get to my side?

Not really that important when she's busy flaying the skin from the Burned One's bones. I grin in savage delight as I send shadows to take the form of claws and daggers, ripping and shredding against the creature with renewed passion.

Riven hastily pulls Sky to his feet, handing him one of his twin blades as the blonde refuses to do anything but gape at his father. Childish desperation and hope in his eyes.

Well this is a rather interesting reunion. Asmodeus whispers as he comes scuttling towards me along the forest floor.

Shut it. I snap before pausing, What news of the Alfean mountain ranges

Empty, they have been drawn out to us mistress

Fuck.

"The caves have been emptied." I tell Riven, "we need to evacuate to Alfea, more are coming."

He glances at Sky before running back to our troops, shouting out regrouping orders.

The creature screeches and cries out in pain as a large wolfish jaw clamps around its throat before ripping it clean off when the Dire wolf rears onto its hind legs. I hear a shocked groan of pain as Irene's paws land on the ground, jostling Silva who rests atop of her large form. His eyes are bright with shock, relief and for some reason, guilt.

It's not his fault Andreas was forced to hide.

He couldn't have known to continue his search for Drea's body.

"Andreas." Silva gasps through the pain, grinning when his old friend throws his sword at Burned One being pinned down by Beatrix.

In a moment of panic I look back at the convoy of injured, seeing my sister ordering around the Alfean troops to ensure a safe return for them all. Thank Helios, I thought something had happened with Silva and Irene leaving the group. The Solarian's seem to have taken over the battlefield for better or worse, allowing our troops much needed rest.