30. Darkened Discussions

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★, "we disowned you for a reason

。・:*:・゚★, "we disowned you for a reason."。・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

The only way to survive the introductory evening is to distract yourself. Play a game, place a bet, ignore the fact that there's a bunch of old white men leering at you the entire time. Old bastards. Honestly, you'd think they'd never seen a woman before. Though I doubt their mates or wives have let them see for awhile-

"Lovely to see you again, minister." The Queen trills from in front of me at the bottom of the steps to Alfea's main school. The evening light is quickly waning and I can feel my shadows waking up in response to the darkness.

"Queen Luna," The stocky male huffs out, voice gruff and sounding like he needs to cough. Lord Baxter, Minister of Health, funny considering he's so awfully overweight with an obvious drinking problem and at least several heart problems. He's the poster male for bad health.

I tune out the rest of their conversation, choosing to look out at Alfeas' gates and to the track beyond. Helios, this is going to be a long evening. I'm suddenly grateful for Riven's silent support to my side. I can just see him from the corner of my eye, to my left but a step behind me, holding himself with that Dumaris stillness. I wonder if they're aware it's a dead give away of their heritage, the way they can go completely still, the pure embodiment of a predator.

It's hot as hell.

A black sedan pulls into the driveway, the health minister's car having already driven around to the back of school. Where the ministers will no doubt have their entourage slip out and sneak to their private suites for debriefs, plotting and helios know what else.

Stella is walking down the steps towards you. Belial whispers in my ear, doing his best to remain hidden.

Why did she leave her post? I question, concerned, something can't have happened already.

Boytoy. He grumbles

Oh for the love of helios. She's leaving for that little toy? That's it, I've put off investigating him for too long. My attention clearly should have been on my family, not my job.

Find out everything there is to know about him. Report back tonight.

I hear giggles of delight as I watch a few shadows from the males stepping out of the car darken with my magic's presence.

The crunching of gravel alerts me to my twin and Sky's arrival. Stella stands by my right, only a step away while Sky moves from his original position on her left to her mirror Riven on her right. We must make an imposing sight.

I watch with an emotionless expression as the Lord Archon steps towards my mother in greeting, he looks to be in early forties, tanned skin, powerful build and grey-ing hair. Lordship must have aged him. He's Stella's little crush's uncle I believe, it would appear he brought Brandon along to learn about his role. Some of the lords like to bring their heirs with the view that they would inherit their titles.