19. Firey Discussions

Sky

I walked away from Alfea's entrance, after staring out at the royal car until it was out of sight. My chest clenches in worry for the twins. Stella told me the bare minimum of how cruel her mother could be and I'm not eager to see who the girls are when they come back. Helios knows Stella would come back with more trauma from every trip. I dread to think how Octavia will react after being away from her mother's influence for so long.

I walk slowly through the corridors, eager for the opportunity to think.

"No you shouldn't have been out there!" I hear an awfully familiar voice snap.

"Is that American for 'sorry for nearly killing you'?"

I slowly turn the corner, keeping close to the wall as I peer around to see Aisha glaring at Bloom, hands on hips and face filled with frustration. Well shit, girl drama. Worse actually, fairy drama if what Aisha is saying is true.

"You were a runaway train out there, Bloom."

"Which is why I was out there alone, trying to figure it out." Bloom storms off towards me. shit.

"Brilliant idea." Aisha mocks, following her.

I step out confidently as if I had just been walking along and they both pause as they see me. Bloom stumbles back slightly in shock and I see the fearful rage in her eyes falter slightly.

"What's going on?" I demand, clenching my jaw as I stare down at the two fairies.

"I-I" Bloom stutters so helplessly that my heart clenches.

"Bloom lost control." Aisha states as she steps towards us.

Bloom whips around to give what I can only assume is a look if betrayal at her friends. Aisha merely shrugs before looking at me, she crosses her arms and raises a questioning eyebrow at me in questioning blame.

"I thought you asked Princess Octavia to help her."

"I did."

"Then why hasn't she been helping her? Bloom has been getting worse and from what her royal highness said she has no intention of helping because she's too busy polishing her crown."

"Don't insult her." I grind out, eyes flashing with fury. "I said I would ask her, she is a princess of the realm and has more on her plate than you can understand."

"That doesn't change the fact that Octavia said she would help Bloom."

"Princess Octavia."

"Can you guys not talk about me like I'm not here!" Bloom yells, raising her arms in frustration. "Octavia did help me, Aisha. I had control after she spoke to me."

"Then why did you lose control again, hmm." Aisha shifts to face Bloom, placing her hands on her hips.

"If Princess Octavia," She sends a pissed glance at me that I ignore, "really wanted to help you and knew how much progress you made would she have walked away so easily? Insulted us so easily today?"

"What are you talking about?" I interrupt, glancing between the arguing fairies. They remain silent until Aisha breaks her harsh glare at Bloom to send one to me before storming off. Bloom looks after her, clearly shocked at the water fairy's response. She shifts slightly as she turns back around to face me head on.

"Well?" I drawl in question, raising my eyebrows. "What happened with Tavi?"

Bloom blinks in surprise. "Tavi?"

I blush slightly, opening my mouth to make up an excuse.

"Right, sorry." Bloom shakes her head and brings a hand up to rub her forehead. "I forgot you dated Stella last year, of course you two know each other closely."