68. Fighting for Honour

。・:*:・゚★,"Yield or die." :*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。"You've gotten arrogant, General

。・:*:・゚★,。"You've gotten arrogant, General."*:・゚☆

Sky

Andreas and Beatrix fill the silence with mindless chatter as Riven and I walk behind them towards the sparring grounds. It was unanimously agreed that we would need support from these people for the upcoming war, whether the Solarian government would admit we're at war or not.

"Of course we'll have a few issues to tackle thanks to Sky." Beatrix gripes with a sweet mocking tone as she glances back at me. "Of course you would be the one to start a fight with Lykos."

"Don't be such a pessimist, little storm." Andreas chidies. "I finally have an excuse to go toe to toe with that bastard. I've been waiting for years."

"Wait what." I demand, this was my fight, I started it, I should finish. "As much as I appreciate the sentiment, I don't need you fighting my battles, Andreas."

He winces at the name but I don't allow myself to feel the guilt. If he's decided he shouldn't be my father, that's not my fault.

"Your ego doesn't matter here." Bea drawls as she drops back a pace to link her arm through Riven who is eyeing our little family unit with trepidation. "Now that dad is back many will be watching him to determine where his loyalties lie. And who he protects, who he declares as our Omada says a lot about where we will all take our place in society."

"Why does family relations matter? I thought we just needed to play politics." Riv questions. Indeed he has been the one out of us to research the most on the politics of who is here for these tournaments.

"Because of Omadas." Andreas grumbles, eyeing Riven as he puts together how little my- boyfriend? - knows about mates and Omadas. "They're vital to society, they are the one thing that can force a group of highly skilled, trained killers to disobey all orders and laws."

I can't stop the animalistic thrum of delight at the thought.

"Speaking of, for the time being I have taken on the Silva Omada name, so has Beatrix." Andreas declares and I see Riv and Bea share a conspiratorial glance from the corner of my eye. "Which mean we shall get our names listed together on the competition files and the we'll be up on the score board."

"But we're Octa's mates, we can't-"

"Oh you can." Andreas interrupts, giving me a don't disagree with me look. "Octavia and Stella are not supposed to fight. You however can fight on her behalf and considering the fact that the wider public has no clue you're both her mates it's even better."

"Why would it be better?" Riven snaps. That old rage building now we are no longer in the safety of our little mate trio.

"Because you can prove yourself now." Bea answers as we reach the sparring ring. "No one really knows who you are, so you can paint yourselves as every woman's dream, win the public's favour so that when Tavi declares you both as hers everyone thinks she scored a 'catch'"