28. Preparations

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ "My fight, not yours" 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

"Will I see you tonight at the ministry dinner?" I ask Riven as we leave the infirmary.

"I thought it was for important people only." He states with a grin.

I roll my eyes and bump his shoulder with mine as we enter the jungle, waving at Terra as we pass through. I wince as the late afternoon sun hits my face. How much time passed? My alarm for class didn't go off so I shouldn't be late.

"The event needs guards, there will be the Solarian guards of course for the family and each minister and small delegation will have a maximum of two guards but Alfea itself is expected to provide the general guards."

We turn to the training grounds and I shrug on my jacket as the wind picks up.

"Will I get paid?"

Pretentious little shit. Fenriz mumbles

Laughter bubbles out of me before I can stop it and I see Riven smile at me from the corner of my eye. We reach the training mats and dump our gear on one of the benches.

"It is supposed to be a way for the specialists to be seen by the big guys in charge. General Lýkos likes to meet the specialists so it's-"

"General Lýkos will be there." A young specialist interrupts with a starstruck voice.

"Get back to training, Dane." Riv condescendingly commands.

Dane looks to me in confusion and curiosity. "But she just said-"

"It's for the third and fourth years up." I interrupt gently. "The meeting happens every two years and the General likes to take the opportunity to meet the upcoming soldiers."

Dane looks disappointed but nods in understanding, he suddenly frowns and turns to Riven.

"But your a second year so-"
"Exactly how much of our conversation were you listening in to? Hmmm?" Riv asks, clearly irritated by the boy.

"I-"

"The top Second years get to fill any gaps, should there not be enough 3rd and 4th years." I state, trying to diffuse the attention. "I know Sky, Riven, Julia and Emma are the top of their year so I wanted to know if Silva had spoken to them."

Why is this first year so nosy? Darkling complains. Make him go away Octavia

I ignore him. I am still very much pissed about what they did to Sky.

I indicate for Riv to turn away with me back to the training mat, but the overprotective prick waits in favour of staring down Dane who looks like he was about to ask another question. Clearing my throat as I rummage through my bag for my water bottle I finally regain Riven's attention. Raising my brows in question I stare expectantly at the male but he merely dismisses me with a wave of his hand and a glare at Dane's retreating figure.