64. Saul vs Andreas

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★"I break down walls and torch cities, I raze entire legions to the ground

。・:*:・゚★"I break down walls and torch cities, I raze entire legions to the ground. But I don't leave my family behind.":*:・゚☆

Sky

"I thought you wanted to start a family of our own?" Irene demands and you could hear a pin drop in the silence of the repurposed specialist's grounds.  "This is because of Farrah isn't it. You are my mate, mine. Not hers."

"Farrah is my friend and nothing more!" Silva exclaims as he storms onto the sparring ring and I really don't want to hear this fight as Irene storms after him into the very public setting. We've drawn a crowd. A large one. 

Everyone and their mum has come to see this.

The specialists shift around me, all of them transfixed and clearly uncomfortable. Silva and Irene never fight. And never, ever, publicly. They are literally the mum and dad of the specialists and I can practically see every Dumaris' here, daddy issues and mommy issues resurfacing.

It's honestly quite frightening how many specialists the couple have accidentally adopted and helped.

And I think all of them are struggling to take sides in the ongoing distance between the couple. Because Silva is literally an annoyingly perfect father figure but Irene.... She genuinely loves all of the kids she trains. We all heard her cries echo through the specialist hall when we lost three of us to the Burned One attack.

"Then what is the problem?" Irene roars, bringing my attention back to the current fight at hand. "Andreas? Sky? The War? Anything Saul, anything other than you don't want kids?"

Andreas and I awkwardly shift side by side. This was not what I was expecting when I spotted him by one of the sparring rings. I thought, 'hey, this could be an opportunity to bond and get to know each other better.' but no, mum and dad here decided to have a little domestic in the middle of the fucking sparring rings.

"Of course I want kids!" He yells back, "We have had this discussion a thousand times. And we have Sky and Riven for Helios sake! I just never wanted to put pressure on you."

"What is going on!" A stern voice demands and the whole area freezes as Dowling storms out onto the training grounds. She shoots concerned glances at all the onlookers. "Don't you all have somewhere else to be?"

All of the non-Alfeans listen to her command, quickly walking off along with most of our students. However, a few specialists and fairies loiter around. It's mostly the third and fourth years, the ones who have been witnessing the Silva couple for years. They would all know that this is a once in a blue moon event.

No one wants to miss the damn spectacle my family now is.

"Oh this is going to be brilliant." Andreas gasps, pure delight in his words. "Utterly brilliant."