69. Fights of the Heart

。・:*:・゚★,"Come quickly, I think Beatrix killed him."・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,"And she's going to get bored of the new, shiny toy and discard you like the piece of trash you are

。・:*:・゚★,"And she's going to get bored of the new, shiny toy and discard you like the piece of trash you are."・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

"This is serious." Dowling snaps. "This is more important than this petty relationship drama."

The Headmistress's voice drops down low to the end as she notices the people staring at us and I shift uncomfortably. This is not going to end well. Especially with a pissed off Irene and Andreas. Both of them have zero regard for public opinion. They'll play politics if needs be but when it comes to relationships? The two of them have no shame and will air their own dirty fucking laundry out in the open.

"This isn't the place for this discussion. We are still teachers, still members of the faculty here." Dowling states and annoyingly for once she makes sense.

"No I think it is." Irene counters I fight the urge to groan in irritation. "Beatrix, why don't you take the others to a fighting pit."

Bea mercifully listens to the command, leading Stel and Brandon away while Sky waits for Silva's nod before dragging Riven away by the arm. I wait, looking to Andreas for approval while Dowling makes an irritated noise but then Drea nods and I walk away.

"Did you seriously just divide the children among the three of you." I hear Dowling hiss as I walk away.

Why must we leave?!?!?!?! One of the shadows demands and I ignore them in favour of jogging to my mates' side. It was just getting interesting.

"Brandon." Bea's voice is like a death sentence. "I hear you're a fairly good sparring partner. Shall we have a round or two in the ring."

We all freeze and Brodie looks between us all in confused hesitation. Even Kat steps away from her place on the raised training mat.

I take it back, this is going to be so much more interesting.

"Sure why not." Bradey agrees with an easy smile, shrugging off his jacket as he walks towards one of the rings with Beatrix leading the way. "Do you want to take off your heels or..."

He trails off as Beatrix jumps up onto the platform with zero hesitation and begins prowling around the edge, lightning crackling at her fingertips and the family sight has my blood thrumming with anticipation.

"After this, you and I should have a few matches." I call up to her with a grin, letting my darkness curl around me in tendrils like swaths of silk. "I could do with taking the edge off my power."

"You know there are other ways we could take off the edge for you." Riven whispers to me and my toes curl at his words. "Especially considering you're not supposed to be fighting in this event."