75. Love

。・:*:・゚★,。"Fuck off Saul."・:*:・゚☆。

・:*:・゚★,。・"I will not be that man again, and that means moving on and being better

・:*:・゚★,。・"I will not be that man again, and that means moving on and being better."・:*:・゚☆

Octavia

"The second wave is here, maybe an hour out." Dowling states as she indicates the tracking dots on the holographic sand screen map before us. There's maybe five or so dots floating along the natural forest tracks representing the few Burned One's we managed to tag and track. "Astral-projection imaging counts the remaining 52 Burned Ones converging on the village. Lykos has taken 200 of his men to tackle them while they're still in small groups of 3 or 4."

I smile as Riven comes to stand by my side. There's scratches and marks all over the leather of his armour, the jumper underneath ripped far too many times to consider repairing but he's in one piece. I ignore the fact we're currently in a important battle planning meeting and throw my arms around him.

We're both trembling as we pull back, wavering smiles on our faces as we both fight back tears for those we have lost. I turn back to the makeshift round table surrounded by the Alfea faculty. Riven copies my actions and a blush flickers across my face as he drapes his arm across my shoulder.

"We should make our stand here." Andreas jabs a finger at the top of the hill curved around the back of the village. "We'll have the high ground and sparse tree coverage to break up the Burned One's attack. We take out as many as we can up here from the front of the pack before retreating to the village to deal with the bulk. The narrow streets and hiding places worked to our advantage earlier, we can hunt them with ease from above and have them running in circles below."

I forgot what he was like when he's in commander mode, he only ever made it to the position of lieutenant because of the anger issues but he always garnered more respect than the commanders I hear.

Sky has sealed off the catacombs beneath the School. Asmodeus whispers as I listen to Andreas rattle of group locations and commands. It should stall anyone trying to get in to break Rosalind out.

What about her breaking out on her own?

That too. Belial said they went deep into the catacombs - as far as they dared with the stakes at hand - and set off barriers at each door, junction and lock in one fell swoop.

At least there's some good news to this whole thing.

Beatrix is handling the vials, she's going to try and isolate the compounds needed to make a new stasis chamber for Rosalind.

If anyone can do that, it's Beatrix

"Okay." Silva calls for attention as he comes off his phone. "That was Irene, the last of the injured trucks had all the villagers evacuated. They're going to close the barrier and redirect power to the labs producing meds. We're going to be on our own for a few hours while we get stocked up. The injured will still be taken to Alfea but they'll have to wait outside the barrier unless they're with someone whose signature is keyed into the barrier."