49. Burned One

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,"I won't have you die with me

。・:*:・゚★,"I won't have you die with me."・:*:・゚☆

Beatrix

I really fucking hate running. It is the enemy of all. Why does anyone run unless they are running away from something? I don't understand it and I'm running away from a god-forsaken Burned One.

"Keep going!" Irene calls from in front of me. "We can take cover in the hollow!"

I stumble as the Burned One roars from behind Silva and I. Why couldn't Irene have carried him, he's her mate. But she can't because oh yes,she's dead on her feet thanks to Dowling and Silva's stupidity. I smirk at the thought of what hellish realm of pain Silva must be in right now.

Bastard deserves it.

"Quickly!" Irene calls as we dive into a cave hollow on the mountain edge, Irene has pulled back a moss and ivy covered tarp that has camouflaged the front.

Silva groans as I slowly lower him to the ground, the cave quickly descends into darkness as Irene enters and closes off the entrance behind us. I let go of Silva and quickly pull out my phone, it's nearly dead but I fire off texts of desperation. Praying to Helios that they get read in time.

"Saul?" Irene worries, rushing to his side.

"I'm okay, I'm okay my love." He tries to comfort her.

It's really ineffective when your veins are turning black from poison.

"What can we do?" I ask, fear coating my voice.

Fuck. I don't exactly like the male but I don't want him to die.

"Stem the bleeding," she commands. "We should have enough Zanbaq to keep the infection at bay."

I rip off part of his shirt, wincing when he cries out in pain as I press against the Burned One cut. Irene swears quietly behind me and I look over to see her holding two vials of Zanbaq, the other looks to have been crushed in the strap on her armour.

"Okay, let me through." She murmurs.

I watch in trepid silence as she pours the oil onto the cloth I'm holding against Silva's wound. I gasp in shock, tears filling my eyes as Silva screams in agony.

"Oh Helios, they will have heard." I panic. "Irene-"

"Hold your nerve." She demands. "We get the Zanbaq into his system and then we move on."

I nod shakily, feeling my hands tremble against Silva's side. Oh helios, i'm covered in his blood.

"You're doing- Pretty, good-" Silva gasps as he flings his head back to lean against the wall. "I threw up the first time I saw a Burned One."