70. Conversations of Love

。・:*:・゚★"It's always the fucking patriarchy."・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★"Do you need a mate bond to love someone, Riven

。・:*:・゚★"Do you need a mate bond to love someone, Riven."。・:*:・゚☆

Irene

Beatrix did not in fact kill him, which was a relief and a disappointment all at once.Stella had managed to heal him before any real damage set in but from the glare she was giving Beatrix I would say plenty of damage has been done elsewhere.

"All of you, to my office. Now." Dowling seethes quietly.

"But it's a part of the event, Farrah." Andreas smirks and I can't help but smile as well as I walk to Bea side with one hand resting on my stomach as I feel the baby's magic shift and grow.

It's really fucking weird if I'm being honest.

But I'm not focusing on the technical side of the pregnancy or else I will get freaked out. I'm just going to enjoy the fun, light hearted stuff, appreciate the small moments and cry whenever I want while pretending like I don't feel like death itself every morning when I'm hunched over the toilet bowl being sick. Not even Saul's murmuring words of comfort as he holds back my hair can change my hatred of that last one.

Not to mention actual childbirth. With all that pain, and blood and being stretched open and having my body convulse in spasms-

Nope. not thinking about it.

"He has a point." Saul agrees and Andreas smirks at him, a flicker of that old love in his eyes as he no doubt remembers what it was like to have Saul fight with him instead of against him. "They did fight by the rules they set."

Farrah sighs, "They're getting no points. I'm not encouraging this behaviour."

"Fair enough." I state, nudging Beatrix with a teasing smile as I try to lighten her spirits. "You weren't trying to win the blade anyways."

She doesn't need one considering she told me that Octavia got her a dragon blade, a blade literally formed under a dragon's fire, for her 16th birthday. Perks of befriending the princess in charge of military defence, she's got access to all the fun weapons. Like those little exploding flash bombs, the fire whips that are literally whips on fire, or the shadow daggers that magically reappear in their holsters after hitting their target.

But Beatrix didn't care about weapons in this fight, didn't care about glory, she was hurting and wanted Brandon to hurt as well.

"Come, Beatrix." I whisper as Farrah walks off to the temporary stage to no doubt beckon everyone inside for the results. "I would like to take a walk around the grounds but could use some assistance."

Of course Andreas and Saul's attention snaps to me in instant at the false confession of needing help.

"Why? Are you tired."