07. A Wisp's Home

Octavia

I begin to make my way to the fairy hall in search of the... the...

Flare suite

That place.

The flicker suit.

FLARE SUITE

That's what I said.

Bloody hell, this school has a lot of hallways and doors. It takes a good 15 minutes before I find the door to the 'Flare suite'. It is intricately carved with images of fairies flying over a forest. Each detail has been whittled and sanded with delicate care. The handles to the double doors too. Polished brass with swirling vines around it.

Slowly I open the door and step into my new room.

It's beautiful. The main living room is connected by an open plan to the kitchen. There are two leading to what I assume is the bathroom and bedroom. Perfect. I was under the impression that I would have roommates but it appears not. I move further into the room seeing the bedroom door open with my bag placed just inside the door. I walk towards the large bed and flop down.

Oh. This is what I've been missing.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Sky

"I haven't seen you all day." Stella says, passing me an orange looking drink. Of course, now she wants to talk to me.

"Summer, Stella. All summer." I say tiredly. Stella nods condescendingly. Her hair bouncing along with the movement.

"I-." She straightens up, her face losing it's usual confident shine. "We had... problems. Within the royal family."

I pause, looking at her. She's not lying. I could always tell when she was lying. Her eyes would flicker down and she'd play with whatever ridiculous ring she wore that day. She smiles hesitantly at me.

"My sister - twin - came home." I feel myself reel back, shock contorting my features.

"I didn't know you had a twin." I say accusingly. She flinches.

"She was kept hidden away." She says bitterly. "She was moved to a different realm for training when we were younger. Mother said she needed her to have the best training possible." Stella looks broken at the thought. Of course, Stella loses control and it's all disappointment and her fault. Her sister, twin no less, needs training and she gets sent to the best of the best.

"I did want to call you Sky." She steps closer, eyes pleading with me. "Queen Luna took all my devices, she didn't want anyone to know about my sister until she had it under her control."

Sighing I look to the ground in thought. Stella, despite her royal heritage, never had the best life. I could never stop myself from wanting to help her.

"You know those girls you were talking too, Bloom and Octavia." I glance back to where Octavia just left, realising that Bloom hadn't followed her.

"Octavia's my twin." she nods at me expectantly. I pause in shock. Octavia- the mysterious fairy- was Stella's twin. They look nothing alike. My confusion must show on my face because Stella says. "We're fraternal twins and Octavia had to dye her hair even darker to hide the awful blue streaks she had in it."

She'd look good with dyed hair.

"And this matters to me why Stel?" I ask. I can feel a headache begin to form.

"My sister," I watch, fascinated as Stella's eyes cloud with worry. "isn't exactly in the right head-space. She's taking specialist training per my mother's request." Surprise flashes through me. She wasn't joking when she said she was there for Silva's welcome speech.