14. Shadowed mornings

Octavia

"Octavia, Stella, hey!" Terra calls out as we walk towards the girls breakfast table on Monday. "Oh my gosh, I love your outfit Tavi. I mean Octavia, sorry, started nicknaming you too soon."

"Good morning Ankáthi." I cut Terra off smoothly, smiling politely at her. "Stella said you wanted to talk with me, Bloom."

I look at Bloom expectantly, seeing how she eyes me hesitantly as my sister slides into the seat next to Musa.

"I- yeah, I wanted to talk to you."

I watch bemused as Bloom grabs her stuff and hastily rises from her seat. She reminds me of a young Beatrix, or maybe Stella.

"Bloom," Comments Aisha judgmentally. I pause, watching as the water fairy glances between myself and bloom. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

Bloom glances at me as I stare back expectantly. I do want to get some breakfast at some point, bloom. We stay still until Bloom comes to a decision. She glances back at Aisha in uncertainty. What the hell is she doing? She asked me for help, she came to Sky and Stella to find me. I'm not forcing her to do anything.

Ungrateful Brat

"Bloom," I say with authority.

Princess of the realm voice, boys. The shadows distantly cackle with delight.

"My understanding is that you came to Stella and Sky asking for my help." I arch an eyebrow at her in question as I glance over to Aisha, holding the water fairy's gaze until she backs down. "Now, similar to my sister, I do have royal duties to fulfil. We don't just get to drop our responsibilities in favour of partying and making friends." Bloom's head tilts down guiltily. "I have taken time away from a meeting with the general commander of the Solarian army, the meeting was rescheduled of course, but Sky made it sound like you were drowning in the deep end with no control. Therefore, you are a loose cannon- a threat to Alfea and Solaria. Which," I step towards Bloom until we stand toe to toe. " is my responsibility."

Bloom shuffles uncomfortably under my disdain filled gaze. I can see the other shifting as well, though Stella merely looks on blankly. I wait. Bloom steps back and readjusts her bags before muttering she was ready to go.

Musa's trying to read your emotions.

Block her. I command

"The only emotion you will find, Musa,"I say, turning my glare on the mind fairy. "Is irritation. Justified, I believe, since Aisha has seen fit to question my reasons."

Aisha looks down at the table, Musa following suit. Good. I was curious to know if I would have their respect with the way they treat Stella. I glance around the table one last time, pausing on an upset Terra.

I smile at my sister. "Stel, Ter."

I stride away from the table, smirking as Bloom follows. Bitch move, I know, but I can't stand being judged for trying to do a nice thing. I silently lead Bloom out towards the forest, aiming for the stone circle.

"What progress have you made?" I ask, not bothering to look at bloom as we reach the step down to the stone circle.

"I-" Bloom looks at me startled. "I can control small amounts of file, lighting a fire or candle... but," She trails off uncertainly. "My power creeps up on me." She rushes out.

I hum in acknowledgement as we reach the stones.

Anyone else here?

All clear mistress.