72. The First Signs of War

。・:*:・゚★"We're not dying today. None of us are.":*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。"Everyone still here?" ・:*:・゚☆

Beatrix

"That was our deal, was it not?" I hiss at Irene as I follow he quick stride through the hallways and try to ignore how fucking powerful it feels to stride confidently at her side as we give orders. "I keep you alive through this war and you help me achieve all the shit Rosalind promised I would."

"Language." Irene snaps, giving me a sharp look. "Swearing is an indicator of lack of knowledge. You should know better, and far more eloquent words to use to make your point."

"You swear."

"Do as I say, not as I do."

I roll my eyes.

"Regardless, you have already taught me how to charge my power during storms, two languages and how to braid my hair in those fancy braids of yours." She gives me a look when I pause for breath. "The point is, you held up your side of the bargain. Will you at least give me a chance to hold up my side."

"You want me to hide out in the Safehouse." She questions, turning to give me her full attention. "I am needed here right now, I cannot leave."

"No but after, when Rosalind no doubt makes a grand appearance. I have escape plans in place for you." I give her a hopeful look, begging that she will agree to go and keep her babe safe. I know she wants what is best for her child, little belle weighs on her mind but she has children here she can't bear to abandon either. "The specialists are loyal to you. Far more than they are loyal to Silva and Andreas. They can buy us some time as well, you would have a fully guarded escort through the forest. There would be no risk to the babe."

"You really have thought this through."

"Dane! Can we talk?"

"Yeah, sure. What's up-" He chokes in shock as I pin him to the wall by his throat.

"Irene supported you when you came out, threatened away the bullies and gave you advice." I state in reminder, arching a taunting brow. "I need you to return the favour."

Of course Dane wasn't my first or only plan.

"Kat! Wait up." The specialist turns with a smile, pride still gleaming on her face after being awarded the Dragon Blade. "I need a favour."

"You're Dolos, right?"

"Sam Harvey if you don't get me a medical kit I will burn you alive."

"Musa! You're friends with a few fourth years right. Would they like some protection charm practise?"

I may have gone overboard but Irene is the closest thing I have to a mother, not to mention Andreas cares for her dearly, and I won't see her harmed when it could all be easily avoided.