39. Battle Lines

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★ "I keep them safe. Not Lýkos. Not the Queen or the ministers, me." *:・゚☆

Stella

"Do you want to come to today's meeting?" I ask Musa as we get our breakfast. "Octavia mentioned you found it useful and asked me to extend an invitation for you to join."

Musa hums as she thanks Dinner Lady Doris for the plate of food.

"I think so," She states as we walk through the halls, "My magic is pretty much always on so to have a way to control it even if I'm not at the stage of blocking it yet is a massive improvement."

"Always on?" I ask, arching a brow at her as we search through the tables for our friends.

"It makes crowded spaces a nightmare," she moans before glancing at Doris with glowing eyes, "Doris is in physical pain. That kid? Scared and stressed, like a bunny when hawks circle, worried and tentative." We walk towards professor Harvey who's leaving one of the meeting rooms. He was giving an analysis of the burned one residue to the various ministers in attendance before today's discussions, "but that might just be heartburn, it's hard to tell a lot of them apart."

Musa suddenly goes still, like she's not there with me. I watch in shock as her shoulders begin to loosen and her gaze seems to be fixated on a figure in the crowd.

"What just happened?" I question, amusement and apprehension warring within me at her reaction.

"Not- entirely sure," She stutters slightly and shakes her head.

I moved through the crowds after spotting Bloom, Aisha and Terra sat at one of the tables. Musa follows slowly behind me, her attention still focused on whoever she saw. I sit down in time to see Aisha get into her 'I've got a plan' stance.

"So, here's what we should do." Aisha looks to the over girls for support, "Maybe we could make a list of emotional triggers-

"Aisha, um, I appreciate what you're doing but I can work it out on my own." Bloom interrupts, looking tired and hesitant.

"I'm sure, I just think you might be getting caught up in this changeling drama." Aisha makes a face of worry, "And overthinking the Burned One situation."

Bloom pauses, expression falling, "So everyone knows."

"Oh is that why you were freaking out in class on Friday? That makes so much more sense, you had made progress but then it was like all of a sudden you were back to square one-"

I watch in amusement as Musa quickly indicates for her to shut up, singling to cut her off and Terra quickly quiets down, "And I'm making it so much worse, sorry."

"Just keep your head down," I say to Bloom, catching sight of Sky making his way over to us, "The ministers heard rumours of you too and questions are already being asked about if you have some kind of involvement with the Burned Ones."