54 : Delivery

There was a sudden barrage of knocks on the door of Mina and Sana's room.

The roommates immediately gave each other a worried look. The knocks were not stopping. It sounds like someone would forcefully burst through their door any moment now if they do not open it as soon as they can.

"I'm—I'm getting it." Sana promptly stands up and nervously treads to the side of their door. She pays her best friend one last anxious glance before grabbing their door knob and swiftly opening the entrance to their room.

Jeongyeon, who is now revealed at the doorstep, is wearing an oddly wide faked smile. "Oh. Hey, Minatozaki."

"Ugh!" The cheer captain loudly scoffed and rolled her eyes. "What's with the scene? I thought for one second that someone set the building on fire and there's an emergency evacuation."

The council treasurer loudly chuckles. "My bad. It's just that..." She extends her arms to her side, pulling someone from the part of the hallways that is not visible from Sana's current view from inside the room. "I have a delivery for you."

And just like that, there is suddenly an embarrassed looking Tzuyu in front of Mina and Sana's room.

"Tz— Tzu." The vice president starts. "What are you doing here?"

"He— Hello, Sana. Good—"

Before the younger girl could respond properly, the council treasurer gently pushed her again to her side.

Jeongyeon raises an eyebrow and continues to speak to Sana. "This puppy needs you tonight."

"Huh? What happened to—" Sana's face suddenly became anxious. The vice president was about to step out of their room to Tzuyu's direction when the council treasurer blocked the door.

"Wait, wait, wait." Jeongyeon holds Sana's arm. "Before anything else, we're going to talk with you first."

"We? Talk? I'm not following what's happening right now." The cheer captain scrunches her eyebrows. "Who—"

"With the older sister of the delivery package. I'm taking you with me."

"Huh?"

Jeongyeon gently pulls Sana outside of the room. Then, she pops her head inside of the unit and calls out. "Pres! Hello!"

"Oh. Hi Jeong!" Mina yells from the inside, sitting comfortably on the study table. "What's up?"

Using her other free hand, the council treasurer grabs and carefully guides the obedient and silent Tzuyu inside. "I'm borrowing Sana a bit and leaving a puppy here temporarily. Don't worry. This one doesn't bite and is very timid to even bark. You can continue studying peacefully."

The council president promptly stands up, chuckling. "Okay. Got it! Just be careful with that hamster. That one definitely bites and is too feisty to even shut up for just one second even if you tell her so."

Sana just rolls her eyes and scoffs at the conversation she just heard.

Jeongyeon loudly laughed as she began walking on the hallways, dragging the vice president with her.

Tzuyu is left with Mina in the room, flatly standing near the door and staying silent. She is definitely lost on what to do.

The council president clears her throat and smiles at the younger girl, trying to clear the awkward atmosphere that is starting to build up. "Umm... I'm not sure what is happening but I am sure that you're not here for me." She began walking towards their room's mini kitchen. "So while waiting for Sana, do you want some coffee or tea?"

—— Thirty minutes earlier——

Nayeon is sitting on the second row of a cab with Jeongyeon while Tzuyu is on the shotgun seat. They are now on the way back to their universities after the not so pleasant dinner with Mr. Chou.

The whole ride was so quiet with the three girls not sure if they should address what had just happened during the heated conversation in the restaurant.

"Here we are, ma'am." The taxi driver declared as soon as he pulled over in front of the junior dormitories of Nayeon and Jeongyeon's school.

They agreed to get off there as the council treasurer will just drive the cheer captain back to her school. The said arrangement was mainly because Jeongyeon insisted that it is already late in the evening for a girl like Tzuyu to be alone commuting in a cab.

It was just past eight, technically and relatively still early for an already sophomore college girl. But, both the Chou sisters knew that arguing with someone as overprotective as Yoo Jeongyeon would get them nowhere.

"Wait, Tzuyu." Jeongyeon halts Tzuyu by gently grabbing her wrist.

"Hmm? What is it?" The cheer captain looks at her in wonder.

"Change of plans."

"Huh?"

The older girl flashes a playful wide grin, eventually linking arms with Tzuyu. "You're not going back to your dorms tonight."

"What— What are you— Wait." Tzuyu looks at her older sister with pleading eyes while now being slowly pulled towards the dorm building. "Nayeon Unnie."

The soccer manager paused to shift her look in between the cheer captain and her girlfriend, silently contemplating what was happening and what to do with the scene in front of her.

Jeongyeon gives her girlfriend a knowing look. "Babe? Don't you dare side with—"

"Babe, I know how your brain works." Nayeon faintly chuckles. She crosses her arms in front of her, raising an eyebrow to the council treasurer. "I actually have an idea of what you are thinking but..."

"But, what?"

"I will only help you with what you were planning with Tzuyu if and only if..." The soccer manager flashes a playful smirk, obviously looking that she is in the mood to play some naughty scheme. "You would be so kind to help me with what I was thinking to do with Sana."

"What— Uniiiieeeee." The cheer captain started whining like a bullied kid. "How could you betray me like that?"

"Sorry, Tzu. Just remember that Unnie still loves you so much." Nayeon apologetically smiles at her sister for a second, then turns to her girlfriend. "So... Do we have a deal, babe?"

"Okay." The council treasurer widely smiles in obvious satisfaction. "Deal, babe! Now, give me a hand here, please." She gives the younger girl an unamused look. "This kid's legs are strong! I can't drag her enough."

"Noooo." Tzuyu continued her pleading cry which just sounded adorable to her Unnies who are now chuckling at her. "What are you two planning to do with meeeee?"

Jeongyeon and Nayeon just nodded at each other as they started to simultaneously pull the poor cheer captain to the entrance of the junior dorm building like they were playing some kind of capture game.