26 : Identical Promises

"Hey, why are you crying?" Jeongyeon quickly moves towards her girlfriend and wipes the latter tears on her cheeks. "My bunny is really a crybaby."

"Just tears of joy and relief, maybe?" Nayeon smiles at her. "I was really scared of losing you."

The couple are now back in the council treasurer's room. After just about ten minutes of casually chatting with Sana and Tzuyu, the soccer manager had to fake being shocked at how she just remembered her scheduled follow up appointment with the hospital.

"It has been very eventful today, but all in all..." Jeongyeon smiles at her. "I'm just simply happy that we were able to clear a lot of things. I was also so afraid these past few days, you know." She then playfully rolls her eyes. "Turns out I was so frightened by something that was never there or never happened. My girlfriend just got herself tangled in a very complicated situation that shouldn't even have concerned her in the first place."

"So— sorry." Nayeon continued to sob faintly. "You know how much I love my sister. I just can't say no to her request at times."

"Hey." The council treasurer cups her girlfriend's cheeks and looks directly into her eyes. "Hey, baby bunny. If you stop crying right now, I promise to show you something interesting."

Like in some kind of switch, Nayeon then slowly blinks her eyes and instantly tries her best to look like she has calmed herself down.

Jeongyeon stifles a chuckle and softly taps her girlfriend's head. "Good girl. Now, let me get something, okay?"

The council treasurer moves to sit on the bed and opens the drawer right beside her. She then taps the open space beside her, gesturing to Nayeon to come and sit over.

The soccer manager promptly treads to sit also on the bed. She curiously watches the council treasurer's actions. Then, her eyes slowly widened after seeing what the girl beside her had pulled out from the bedside table.

Jeongyeon is now holding a small white box that is identical to what Nayeon has been trying to give her moments earlier. She flashes a wide smile and stares deeply into her girlfriend's eyes with pure sincerity. "Happy seventh anniversary, baby bunny."

"But— But, that's—"

"I bought this last month. I was planning to give you this on our supposed trip this coming weekend. However... our plans have obviously changed." The council treasurer rolls her eyes. "Tsk. You already know what's inside."

Nayeon sweetly gazes at her girlfriend. "Babe..."

"Im Nayeon. Chou Nayeon. Babe. Baby. My Bunny." Jeongyeon gazes deeply onto her girlfriend who is giving her the same amount of attention. "Whatever name you want me to address you... I want to forever be able to call you in my life. For the past few days that we were not together... I just realized how much I love you. I realized how much I can't live without you. I realized how much I care for you." She then chuckles a bit in teasing. "And I also realized that my love for you will always be greater than any imperfection that you may reveal to me in the future."

"Babe..." Jeongyeon slowly opens the box, revealing a white gold ring that has a small knotted design. Her tears started to well up as she looked again at the girl in front of her. "This is just a simple promise ring for now... But in the future, I will replace this with something that shouts to the whole world that you're mine and mine alone."

Nayeon smiles widely with teary eyes. She holds out her hand to her girlfriend. "I love you, babe."

"I love you, too." Jeongyeon then reaches out for it and carefully slips the ring to the soccer manager's ring finger.

"AH. Wait!" Nayeon looks for her sling bag and reaches out for it on the other side of the bed. She quickly fishes out for the gift she has also prepared. She slowly opens the white box that is indeed identical to what Jeongyeon just took out earlier. She sincerely smiles as she gazes at the girl in front of her. It housed the same exact ring that her girlfriend had just given her.

The soccer manager gulps and heaves in a deep breath before continuing to speak. "I don't think I would ever want someone to kiss me or hug me or touch me other than you do for the rest of my life. Babe, I will never want anyone else. I only want you and only you to take care of me... and love me and... own me like you always do for the past seven years."

Nayeon carefully reaches out for Jeongyeon's hand and puts the promise ring on her girlfriend's ring finger. "This bunny could never live without her owner... And you're that owner, Yoo Jeongyeon. It will always be you."

The council treasurer leans in to place a soft, quick kiss to the soccer manager's lips. She was about to pull back when Nayeon didn't let her, quickly kissing her back with a certain level of wanting.

Their perfectly synced kisses got a little heated with their hands wandering all over each other's body. Shortly after that, it is when Jeongyeon slowly moved her hand to reach for the bottom hem of Nayeon's shirt, swiftly moving it inside to touch the soccer manager's bare skin underneath. "B— Babe."

"Hmm?" The soccer manager sweetly hums.

Jeongyeon shyly looks at her girlfriend who is presently staring at her in a slight confusion. "Umm... Baby?"

"Yes, baby? What is it?"

"Can— Babe, umm—" The council treasurer's face suddenly flushed red. "C— Can I...?"

Nayeon pauses for a second in clear wonder. Then, a knowing smile was slowly drawn to her face. "Aww. You're being cute, babe. Why are you even asking for permission? We just had a misunderstanding, it never meant I stopped being yours. I just told you that earlier, haven't I?"

The soccer manager then moves her face closer to her girlfriend's ear and faintly whispers. "But, like I always say... You can do whatever you want. Just don't leave a mark."