67 : Supposition

——Early morning, Saturday last week——

"Hmm? That's weird." Chaeyoung squints at her phone's screen after trying to dial Mina's number.

"Why?" Jeongyeon asks while drying her short hair with a towel. She just came out of the bath minutes ago, getting ready for a morning class.

"Minari's not picking up." The soccer ace pouts. "Her number is still busy. For the third time now that I tried."

"Then just call her later. That just means she's talking to someone else at the moment."

"Of course, I know that. But... it's just weird."

Jeongyeon stops ruffling her hair to stare at her. "What do you mean?"

"It's just eight in the morning."

"So?"

Chaeyoung is now talking like a kid abandoned by her parents. "Who does she need to talk to early in the morning?"

"Parents?"

"Her family has this scheduled video call every weekend." The smaller girl tosses her phone to her bed. "They don't call her during weekdays."

"Umm..." The council treasurer looks at their room's ceiling to think. "Someone from the faculty professors?"

"I highly doubt that."

"Then... someone from the other clubs?" Jeongyeon scoffs. "You'd be surprised how those so-called club leaders rely on Pres."

Chaeyoung looked at her unamused. "If those club leaders are what you just described them, most likely they are all still sleeping because they are that irresponsible."

"Good point." The council treasurer flashes a playful smirk. "Then... how about a secret lover?"

"What the—"

"I was just kidding! When did you start taking my teasing so seriously, huh?" Jeongyeon laughs and walks towards the soccer ace, promptly ruffling the smaller girl's hair. "Don't overthink it, bro. You'll just stress yourself out. Just ask her later."

"Okay, okay." The smaller let out a sigh and simply nodded lethargically. "I will."

——Late afternoon of today, Thursday——

"Oh! Mi— Mina." Bambam calls out to the council president who just entered the jog path along the open field.

"Hey..." Mina flashes a smile to him. "It's Bambam, right?"

"Sorry." He chuckles shyly, walking to pace with the council president's strides. "I wasn't even able to properly introduce myself last time."

"Yeah. You kind of always leave in a hurry like that one time we met at the cafeteria."

"Sorry. I'm Bhuwakul Bambam." He stops his legs to offer Mina a handshake.

The council president also halted her walking and shortly shook his hand. "Nice to meet you."

Bambam chuckles. "For the fourth time."

"Yeah."

Mina also chuckles with him. They started walking again towards the junior dorm building.

"Where did you come from?" The club director starts. "Do you go home during weekends?"

"No. I— I just had to meet someone outside of the university."

"I see." He innocently nods a couple of times.

The council president curiously asks. "How about you? Did you also just return?"

"Ahh. Yeah. I just had one of my concert tuxedos dry cleaned."

"Wow." Mina looks at him amazed. "You're doing concerts?"

"You..." He shyly looks to the ground. "You could say that."

"What kind of music are you into?" The council president asks with curiosity laced on her voice.

"Classical."

"Oh. I think one of the other council members watched a classical concert last time. When was it... I think it was around..."

Bambam quickly answers. "Sunday last, last week."

"You knew about it?" Mina tilts her head a bit at him.

"I— I think I happened to— I just happened to bump into Dahyun and Sana after the concert."

"Wait." The council president points a finger to him. "You are that concert guy they ate snacks with after the concert?"

"Yeah. I think that's me." Bambam flashes a smirk. "Unless, they ate a lot of other snacks after the concert."

Mina chuckles. "I don't think so. So that's you, huh?"

"Yeah. It was—"

"Minari?" A familiar voice calls out from the track.

"Oh." The council president's smile immediately got wider as she halts her legs and faces the direction of the voice. "Chaeng! Doing some runs?"

"Yeah." The smaller girl slowly walks to the two students in the jog path. She is still panting a bit from her exercise. She just glances at Mina, then simply stares at Bambam blankly.

"I— I will take a detour to the theater club's room!" The theater director faintly bows to both the girls and waved. "I— will get going now. Bye, Mina."

"Bye, Bambam." Mina smiled and waved to him. She then faces the smaller girl beside her. "Chaeng."

The soccer ace lets out a huge sigh, then turns her back to the council president. "I have to get back to my run."

"Wait. Chae—" Mina wasn't even able to finish her sentence because Chaeyoung already jogged back to the track without waiting for her reply.

——Thirty minutes later——

"Chae— Chaeng." Mina nervously calls out, quickly standing from the grass. She was sitting there beside the track from the time the soccer ace started running again in the open field. "Hey."

"You're still here?" Chaeyoung states in a blank tone after slowly walking to the other girl. "I'm tired, Mina. I'm going back to—"

"Son Chaeyoung." Mina lets out a sigh and looks at her in worry. "Tell me why are you acting like this."

"Huh?" The soccer ace looks at her annoyed. "Seriously, Myoi Mina? Tell you why I'm acting like this?"

"Chae—"

"I'll go back to the dorms now." The smaller girl immediately began walking back to the direction of the sophomore dorms. "I think I need a cold shower more than ever."

"Wait!" Mina quickly calls out to her. "Chaeng!"

Without looking back, Chaeyoung simply waved her hand twice, not even bothering to stop her legs. "See you around, Mina."

"But—" The council president was then left beside the track, sadly watching the soccer ace's retreating figure and mumbling to herself. "How could you walk away like that when I think you got it all wrong?"