29 : Kissing Away Insecurities

Then, the council president suddenly lets out a sigh, slumps her shoulders, and looks down. "Sorry. The old me in senior high school has already been replaced by me right now but I think my insecurities are all still here deep down inside. It just always gets the best of me somehow, sometimes."

"Hey." Chaeyoung slowly reaches out and intertwines both of their hands. "You don't have to be sorry about it. All of us have insecurities. All of us have something about our past that reminds us of things that we wished weren't there. You're not committing something wrong by being insecure."

"But Chaeng—"

"No buts!" The soccer ace quickly cuts her in and points a finger to Mina. She then softens her face and flashes a genuine smile. "Minari, I don't care how many insecurities you have. I will always be here for you while you overcome them. And I will be the one standing right beside you, being proud of you when you finally don't feel any of it. So Minari... be jealous and all. I don't care. Just promise me that you will never shut me out and we will always talk about it like civilized adults, okay?"

Mina then energetically nods and wears her gummy smile.

"However, more than anything else, I also want you to always remember that there is nothing to be jealous and worried about. I will never be interested in anyone else, Minari." Chaeyoung moves her lips right over Mina's lips. They are so close to each other again that they could feel each other's own breathing and frantic beating of their hearts. "I will never want to spend time with anyone else other than you. I will never want to tease any other girl or make them laugh or tell them how beautiful and perfect they are. I will never even dare to think of wanting another person in my life other than you for even just a split second."

Mina glances at the smaller girl's lips and replies in soft mumble of words, only enough for the two of them to hear. "Why are you so good with your words, Son Chaeyoung?"

"Am I now?" The soccer ace smiles and pecks Mina's lips. "Do I really sound like a smooth talker to you?"

"Yeah." The council president also pecks Chaeyoung's lips. "You definitely are one smooth talker."

The smaller girl can't help but automatically smile sweetly at the first things she is receiving from Mina today. "Minari... come to think of it."

"Hmm?"

"Why would I even pay all those other people a look? The moment I found you..." Chaeyoung moves both her hands to slither from Mina's waist to the latter's arms, then caresses it to travel to the council president's shoulders. "The moment that I realized I liked you, I was so sure I no longer cared about any other soul out there." She moves her hands down again in a swift motion from Mina's shoulder back to her waist, eventually latching her arms all the way to Mina's back.

"Minari..." Chaeyoung pauses to deeply gaze onto Mina's eyes. "I hate to break it to you but I'm not that dumb."

"What... do you—"

"Why would I even waste a second on other people?" The soccer ace unlatches her arms snaked on Mina's waist, then lifts her right hand to gently cup Mina's cheek. "I already have the best girl in the whole wide world."

And Chaeyoung once again leaned in to capture the council president in a kiss.

Right on contact, Mina shortly smiled onto the kiss before responding equally to the soccer ace's touch. She quickly moved her hands again to ruffle Chaeyoung's hair, seeming to take a liking to how she did it earlier while they were also kissing.

From the moment they entered the current dorm room they are in, this is the longest time they were so close to each other. This is the longest time they were physically latched onto each other. And this is the longest time they were kissing each other.

And then keys were heard jangling outside.

The soccer ace immediately leaned back and scrunched her eyebrows. The sound is definitely right on the other side of the door that the two of them have been and evidently done a lot of action for a while now.

Chaeyoung then gave Mina a knowing look and when the latter gave her a knowing smile, the smaller girl promptly rolled her eyes. "Ugh. Really? That's Sana already?"

Mina simply nods in response, already chuckling at the soccer girl's reaction. "Yep. I think that's her. Unless someone's trying to politely break into our room with their own copy of keys."

"Tsk. Why is that hamster back already?" Chaeyoung glares at the door. "Doesn't she and Tzuyu have a lot to talk about?"

"Why do you sound so annoyed?" The council president continued to faintly chuckle. "Sana has much more right to this room than you. You know that she lives here with me, right?"

"That is a fact. Which is all the more reason why I should be annoyed." Chaeyoung pouted like a kid to which Mina simply laughed, finding it adorable.

The door to the room then slowly opened, revealing indeed the cheer captain with already a raised eyebrow to the two of them. "I knew it! I can hear muffled voices from outside."

"Tsk." The soccer ace squints at Sana. "Arriving right at the perfect moment—"

"Not this time, Son Chaeyoung. I'm not in the mood to bicker with you." The cheer captain just paid her an unamused glance, then proceeded to sluggishly move towards her bed. She consecutively plops herself in it and facepalms herself. "Ugh! I hate my life."

Mina and Chaeyoung knowingly looked at each other with scrunched eyebrows. They cautiously paused for a while before the council president started walking towards the girl lying on the bed.

"Hey." Mina calls out as she sits on Sana's bed. "Did... the talk with Tzuyu—"

"I don't want to talk about it, Myoi. Not now." The cheer captain removes her hands that were previously covering her face. She then immediately glared daggers in the soccer ace's direction. "Not when that tiger cub is here."

Mina apologetically looks and smiles at the soccer ace.

"I am..." Chaeyoung laughs awkwardly. "Guessing that's my cue to go back to my own dorm room then."

"I'll walk you out." The council president quickly gets up from her best friend's bed.

And Sana just went back to whining to herself in dramatic massaging of temples and facepalming.