15 : Too Much

Mina was a bit startled by three soft knocks to her dorm room's door. She looked at the wall clock. It is just past five and a half in the morning.

"Who could be..." Her eyes slowly widened. Her face is now oddly both in realization and doubt. "Don't tell me—"

Then, her phone suddenly chimes indicating a message was received. She glances at the door, then slowly picks up her phone. She promptly rolls her eyes upon seeing the message and the sender.

"My Baby Cub: Minariiiii. Please open the door for me."

Mina playfully scoffs and sluggishly stands up from the chair she has been sitting on. "It really is her."

The council president has actually been awake already for about an hour now. She has this habit of doing early morning last reviews of the subject she will take tests in the day, preferring the quietness of that time to heighten her mental focus.

A smaller girl with a wide smile plastered to her face, holding two brown paper bags up in the air is what Mina saw right at her doorstep when she opened the door to her room. She playfully rolls her eyes at the sight while miserably stifling her gummy smile.

"I'm coming in." Chaeyoung said as she walked into the room, not waiting for any response from the other girl.

"Why are you here so early?" Mina asks while walking back to the study table she was previously on. "Do you think it's normal to barge into another student's dorm room at five in the morning?"

The soccer ace chuckles at her. "It's too early to be grumpy, Minari. Don't worry. I've brought some good food."

The council president gives her a mocking look. "Like I could be bribed by—"

"And I asked for a lot of ketchup."

"Fair enough." Mina stands up from her seat and walks towards the mini kitchen table where Chaeyoung has been taking the food out one by one. "Where did you buy all of this? Isn't the cafeteria still closed at this hour?"

"Yep. It is still closed." The soccer ace started explaining while continuing to empty the bags she brought. "That is why I left the school as soon as the gates opened at four. I searched online for any 24-hour all-day breakfast restaurant last night and the one available nearest to our university is where I bought all of these."

The table now has several food items on top of it. It has a sealed rectangular container with soup, a smaller paper bag with fried eggs, another small paper bag with hash browns, and two paper cups filled with coffee. There are still two or three small containers left inside the largest brown bag.

The council president pulls a chair and sits by the dining table, watching the smaller girl set up all the food she brought. She comments, raising an eyebrow at her. "Talk about being so diligent for breakfast today, huh?"

"Of course." Chaeyoung flashed a proud and accomplished smile. "It is a breakfast date with my rumored girlfriend after all."

Mina playfully scoffed and shook her head. "Don't let the rumors get into your head."

Chaeyoung simply shrugged and smiled widely.

Mina rolls her eyes and smiles back at her. "Let's just eat now. We don't want to waste the good effort put into this food, don't we?"

The soccer ace giddily pulls another chair right beside the council president and consecutively sits on it. She noticed that the other girl looked at her unamused. "Why, Minari?"

"Aren't you too close for us to eat properly?" Mina imitates the movement of her arms when she would use her cutleries. "Look. Our elbows might bump into each other."