42 : Tzuyu's Dilemma

"Found you." Tzuyu spoke as soon as she confirms that it is Jihyo who is loitering on their dorm building's rooftop lounge.

Jihyo promptly looks and smiles at the girl who just sat at the identical couch in front of her. "You were looking for me?"

"Yeah." The cheer captain rolls her eyes. "Like all over the place."

"Then, why didn't you—" The council president quickly purses her lips after seeing that her phone has about ten notifications, all from Tzuyu.

"As you have just confirmed..." The cheer captain rolls her eyes. "I did try to contact you. A couple of times."

"Sorry." Jihyo apologetically smiles. "I was so focused on what I was reading that I didn't even notice the time."

The two girls are the only people on the rooftop since not all the students have access to it, especially on a Sunday. The council president is one of those students who can freely borrow keys to all the university's facilities without being questioned that much by the faculty officers.

"It's fine. What were you reading?"

"Oh, come on. Since when did you care about the books that I read?" Jihyo rolls her eyes. She closes the book she was holding and places it to her side. "What's up? What's so urgent that you even went and looked for me all over the place?"

Tzuyu shyly smiles, scratching her nape. "Umm... The thing is... Umm... Jihyo."

"Yeah? What is it?"

The cheer captain looks to the floor, inhaling a generous amount of  air to her lungs. "Chaeyoung called last night. Apparently, Mina's busy until next week and can't meet me. I guess Sana's best friend can't help me at the moment."

"So...?"

"Jihyoooo."

Jihyo flashes a playful smile and tries to imitate the younger girl's whiny tone. "Whaaaat?"

"I'm—" Tzuyu started fiddling with her fingers. "I'm making the right choices, ain't I?"

The council president moves from her seat to sit right beside the other girl. She reaches out to hold her hand. "Hey. Don't tell me you're doubting yourself right now?"

"I— I just don't know if I'm making the right decisions right now... like if I'm saying the right words or if I'm doing the right moves. I just—"

"Chou Tzuyu. You're already at this point of the plan! Don't lose sight of your goal here!"

"Tsk." Tzuyu shifts on the couch to face Jihyo's direction. "You make it sound like I'm making real progress here."

"Because you are!" The council president flashes a reassuring smile. "I mean it. I believe you are making progress here."

The cheer captain pouts like a kid. "No, I'm not! Look at where Sana and I are right now."

"Exactly my point."

Tzuyu looks at her in confusion. "Huh?"

"Look at where you and Sana are right now." Jihyo slowly explains. "Last year, that chick didn't even know that you're back here in the country. All she knows is that she could play hooky with all her short term relationships because the girl who promised to be back in her life was still a no show. Do you even know what rumor is circulating in their school right now?"

"What do you mean?" The younger girl faintly chuckles. "And when did you start being the gossip girl here, huh?"

The council president looks at her unamused. "Do you want to hear it or not?"

Imperfectly Perfect 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें