Damian XIV

The entire mansion was silent as the death of their friend still loomed over them like a fog. Audrey had dropped off some cake and ice cream for Elizabeth and subsequently left. Elizabeth was staring blankly at the tv, looking as if she was going to fall unconscious at any second. Coco went to the kitchen to put the cake away as Danté sat down next to Elizabeth.

Damian left the foyer and was on his way back to his room when he saw Ajax's room door wide open. Damian entered the room slowly and looked around. For some sort of reason, everything in the room was neatly tucked away, it was as if Ajax wasn't planning on returning.

Befuddled, Damian sat on the bed and saw the only thing left in Ajax's room. Damian picked up a plush whale. The whale was around one foot long, with blue fur and a white belly. It wore a white sailor hat with a golden anchor embroidered on it. Its black eyes gazed back at Damian as he stared at the plush.

He looked around and saw a photo in a frame on the nearby nightstand next to Ajax's bed. It was a young Elizabeth and Ajax on a boat cruising the ocean. Elizabeth had the same whale on her head while Ajax held another replica while taking the selfie. It was signed, 1999, a boat trip with Elizabeth! In scrawling cursive handwriting. Then, Damian noticed the glitter of sapphire blue dust peeking out from underneath Ajax's drawer. He looked under it and revealed a secret compartment with a note hidden within the blue dust. Damian picked it up and read it.

"I'll be back soon."