Childe XXI --- Delphi --- The Furnace of Hell

Life sucks when you're engulfed in the fiery flames of Tartarus. I bet you would have already figured that out. Thanks to having undergone similar training routines, I managed to survive the heat that surrounded me. As I contemplated how to get out of the furnace, I realized that they may have taken my physical weapons but they didn't take my raw strength. I punched through the furnace and pried open the steel edges. As soon as I got out, I slumped down against a nearby wall and took a breather. I had escaped that godforsaken furnace! As I caught my breath I glanced around the room that I was in. Whoever was in charge of guarding me was clearly doing a bad job because my guns were sitting alongside my belongings on a nearby table. I walked over and picked up my pistols. They were a gift I got from the Tsaritsa when I finally became a Harbinger and she would kill me if I lost them.

"Thank the Tsaritsa, you guys are okay." I said with a relieved sigh as I slid Aether and Venti into the dual holsters on my hip.

I walked out of the room and as soon as I put a foot out of the doorway, I heard voices. I immediately hid behind the wall as I heard the conversation of 2 guards passing by me.

"You think that the Hunters of Artemis are on this island?" One of them said nervously,

"Nah man," The other guard responded, "They won't be getting past that mercenary we hired."

"The green-haired one?" The first guard asked.

"Yep, that's the one." The second guard confirmed.

I had found my way out. I slid out from behind the doorway and was immediately greeted by a group of 10 hooded figures milling about and eating lunch. As soon as one of them spotted me the rest of them drew their swords and bows and dropped their food.

"Hey, guys, can we talk this out? Please?" I said while inching away from the group of priests.

"Charge!!" They all yelled as they came at me,

"Why does life have to be so complicated?" I muttered to myself as I whipped out my pistols and ran forward to meet them

I squeezed the triggers of my guns and a rapid-fire stream of bullets tore through the group. I slid underneath the first line of priests and pistol-whipped them from behind. I spun around and took an aimed shot at the bowman and he dropped. I threw one guy into a wall and kicked another into the remaining group of priests. As they scattered and ran away, I noticed that there was a long corridor where the priests fled to. As I walked through the middle of the hallway, there was a brightly lit door. As I stepped inside there was an ornate sign that read: "Worship Chamber".

I read it too late because a horde of Ouranos's believers and priests rushed at me with weapons drawn.

"Come at me!" I yelled as I charged into them and began engaging them all in hand-to-hand combat, summoning my water blades to cut down the unending stream of followers. This was going to be fun.