Damain VI

Reina Street, Mansion on the Hill, The Third Room

The Next Day

"Alright, guys! Big day, Coco found us some crucial information!" Elizabeth said cheerfully, as she clapped her hands.

Edward had prepared an American breakfast for them this morning. Each plate had two pieces of toast, two sunny-side-up eggs, bacon, and sausage, as well as a side of orange juice or coffee. There were also seconds on the table in case anyone wanted extra food, which Damian obliged happily.

Elizabeth, Damian, and Ajax were the only ones eating breakfast. Damian was told Danté was still in his room.

"Danté's going over the information Coco gave him," Elizabeth said, cutting her eggs.

"Coco? Isn't she a dog?" Damian asked as he sipped his coffee.

Elizabeth looked at the tan dog sitting beside her and as if on cue, the tiny dog suddenly transformed into a middle school girl. She had the same tan skin and bright orange hair as her previous form. Her hair was short and the ends were curled. The girl's eyes were a light brown with round black and gold glasses on her face. She wore a yin yang t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

"This week is getting more and more confusing," Damian said as he shook his head.

"You'll get used to it. Coco, meet Damian. He's our newest recruit." Elizabeth said, reassuringly.

"Hello," Coco cheerfully greeted everyone as she tilted her head to look at Damian.

"Does everyone here have a supernatural ability or something?" Damian asked as Coco sat in a chair next to Elizabeth.

"Not Edward or Miss Brenda. But they've been part of our family for decades so we trust them, " Elizabeth said, pouring half a packet of brown sugar into her tea.

"I suppose Coco's power is turning into a dog?" Damian wondered.

"You're close, I can turn into any animal," Coco said, turning into an orange furry rabbit with bright yellow eyes.

Coco transformed back into her human form as Danté entered the dining area. Unlike everyone else who wore casual clothes, he wore the same pristine suit as yesterday.

"Mornin' Dante," Elizabeth said, pouring herself more tea from a surprisingly modern sleek black kettle as steam rose from her cup.

Coco pulled out a tablet from seemingly nowhere and began typing on it. Then she looked up and said, "Elizabeth, I've found an informant that can give us the location of Lilith."

Coco handed the tablet where Elizabeth looked at it. Elizabeth frowned and then passed it back.

"Sorry, but I need to go settle something," Elizabeth said as she excused herself from the table.

Coco grabbed a biscuit and put it into her mouth and ran to catch the elevator with her. Ajax finished his breakfast and went back to his room while Danté and Damian sat eating their food in silence. Damian ate the last of his food and decided to go to his room to brood.

As the elevator's doors closed, Damian examined the buttons. There was Level 1: Living and Dining Room, Floor 2: Rooms, Floor 3: Entertainment Level, Floor 4: Garden, Food supply, and Floor -1: Research Lab.

Damian pressed Floor -1 and went to find Elizabeth. The elevator opened to a pure white room, blinding Damian's eyes. As he rubbed his eyes, someone offered tinted black goggles and he gladly accepted.

He saw that Coco wore a black lab coat and the same tinted goggles he was handed. As Damian's vision cleared he saw that the room had a white floor and quart walls. There was a sink and counters that were black, two futuristic chairs, and a large round table in the middle of the room. All the furniture was painted black, except for the round table.

A light grey hologram was floating in the middle of the table. Elizabeth, wearing a lab coat and goggles, was entering numbers with a keypad on it. A hologram of a teenage girl with a scowl on her face appeared with a flash of blue light. She had dark long hair wrapped in a ponytail and her arms were crossed with a menacing purple glow emanating from her body.

Elizabeth looked up at Damian and smiled.

"Sorry for leaving in a rush, I had to pull up a visual of our target. We're still looking for Lilith, you know." Elizabeth said, sitting down in one of the chairs.

Damian thought it was strange that there was another person that shared the name Lilith, but he shrugged it off. It was probably a coincidence of some sort.

"He says he wants to meet tomorrow tonight, at the Casino of the Gods," Coco said.

"How many people will there be?" Elizabeth asked.

Coco tapped her tablet a few times and responded, "They're also hosting a huge gala the very same night."

Elizabeth grumbled and looked back at Damian's puzzled face. "Codename Hermes: one of the best gamblers there is. He has a godly level of luck and is one of the most influential information brokers in the world. Whenever you need information, he has it."

The hologram projected a pair of slowly rotating golden dice with the name Hermes displayed underneath in elegant cursive, "I understand that it's not safe to gamble information, but no one else is willing to give us the info or knows where Lilith and teh rest of The Apostles are located." Elizabeth said with a slight grimace on her face.

"It's a formal party, so I put us under different names on the guest list. Elizabeth, your name is Rachel Evans. I'm Kaskie Stroll, Damian is now Liam Nicholas. Danté is Hunter Alighieri and Ajax is Lincoln Adams." Coco continued.

"What's with the fake names?" Damian asked.

"My family isn't exactly besties with Hermes, but we're frequent customers. He doesn't like it when we assassinate potential buyers, but he allows it so long as we pay him enough to cover the money he lost. We use codenames when we buy from him so that our identities won't be compromised by any retaliating third parties." Elizabeth explained.

Damian nodded and put down the goggles.

"Well, we should get ready for tomorrow's gala! After all, not all of us can look like we have a small forest growing on our chin," Coco said with a smirk.

Damian touched his overgrown stubble in shock as Elizabeth and Coco got into the elevator and went up to their rooms. As Damian headed to his room to shave, he saw Danté's door opened by a crack. He peeked inside and saw Danté holding a spray bottle with black liquid inside it.

Damian shrugged, walked into his room, and opened the wardrobe, seeing a new black suit jacket with white gloves. He tried on the suit just as Elizabeth walked into the room.

"Well, hello handsome," Elizabeth said as peered in through the doorway.

"Why are you in my room?" Damian said, taking off the suit jacket.

Elizabeth held up a bottle of yellow hair spray.

"No." Damian said with horror "Noooooo!"