Ajax/Tartaglia XIII

Ajax awoke in a smoldering wreckage with a splitting headache. Burning embers drifted down around him as he sat up and looked around. There were no other sounds besides the faint crackling of smothered flames around him. Ajax stood up as a cloaked figure emerged from the darkness.

"Who are you?" He demanded as a spear of water appeared in his hand.

"Your friends are gone," A woman answered, a hint of a Slavic accent in her impassive voice.

"Then I'll just find them-" Ajax was cut off by the woman as she removed her hood.

She had stark white hair that seemed to glow in the moonlight. The woman offered Ajax her hand and he reluctantly took it.

"My name is Vara, but you will refer to me as master," she said with a stern tone.

"Try me," Ajax muttered as he called for his water blades.

Without warning, a frozen axe materialized in Vara's hand and clashed against Ajax's dagger. He was slowly pushed back as she began to advance on him. Ajax slammed the ends of his blades together to create a spear but it was too late. Vara had already grabbed the now frozen handle and wrenched it from his grip.

"My child, you have much to learn," Vara said almost mockingly as she returned the spear to Ajax. Plunging it into his stomach as he keeled over. Warm blood poured from his wound as he groaned out in pain. A second later, a cool chilling sensation enveloped him as Ajax felt the pain slowly disappear like a light snowfall on an early morning. The white-haired woman grabbed him by the legs and slung him over her large frame. With a painful clang, Ajax realized that she was wearing metal armor beneath her cloak. A sudden blow to the back of the neck caused him to slowly fade out of consciousness as Vara marched on through the wreckage, the orange light of dawn slowly peeking out from beneath the horizon..

"Now, rest мой ученик, we have a long day ahead of us." She said before the darkness swallowed him.