Rowan X

Casino of the Gods, Roof

Later, 9:54 pm, March 2, 2013, present time

"That's a really bad plan Aisling," James groaned.

They were all crouching on the roof overlooking the Casino of Gods. Rowan, Aisling, and James all held Remington 700 Short Action SPS Rifles in their hands, as they waited for Aisling's response.

"They'll come eventually," Aisling promised them.

"Why would they even want to come here? It's just a random ass casino," James said.

"To get information, duh," Aisling replied.

A black limo pulled up at the front gate and drove into the parking lot. The limo pulled over and a group of people came out. They talked with each other for a moment, then the short, blond-haired girl walked to the security guard and handed him a tablet. The security guard must have accepted them because they walked into the Casino with no problem.

"When do we go in?" Rowan asked, gripping his rifle tightly.

"We gotta wait for a while," Aisling said, aiming her rifle through a window.

Rowan stood on top of the roof of the casino, waiting for Aisling's command. An hour later, he grew tired and crouched on the side of the roof.

Rowan noticed that the group had split up throughout the casino and reached into his bag and took out a metal hook attached to a wire.

Rowan turned and faced Aisling, she nodded and Rowan crept to the side of the roof. He tossed the metal grappling hook and caught it on the edge of the other building. James checked if the hook was secure and gave him a thumbs up.

Rowan slipped his rifle onto his back and then walked to the rope, wrapping the rope end around his belt. He hopped off the side of the roof, praying no one saw it from the inside of the casino. Rowan gripped the hook's carbon fiber rope as his sweat-covered palms threatened to cause him to slip. Rowan slid down in front of the giant glass window. He was just far away enough so that no one noticed him throughout their revelries. Rowan tied one wrist to the rope and let go with his other hand. This allowed him to have a full view of the casino from the outside. He peered through and scanned the massive interior for the individuals he was searching for.

Crowds of people were laughing and gambling together. There were hundreds of slot machines and around ten pool tables all stretched across a massive maroon carpet floor. Four bar counters in each corner were serving drinks to customers. On one side were two rows of white tablecloth tables. On top of the tables were candles, plates with utensils, and wine glasses. Waiters and waitresses gracefully walked around the casino, offering drinks and taking dinner orders from joyful couples.

Rowan silently wished he was there with Alyssa but snapped out of it and searched for the group of people Aisling was talking about.

He found two of them at a blackjack table not too far from the couple's tables. The man wearing a black suit had scruffy dirty blonde hair, dark eyes, and pale skin. The other guy he was talking to had gleaming brown hair and a maroon suit. He wore a smirk on his face as he gestured to all of the stacked piles of red and green chips on his side of the table.

Standing next to them was a young woman, wearing an elegant black dress with her hair in a bun and a black feather stuck on the side. She was facing another man who had bright blond curly hair, and a shiny golden suit. He was holding a champagne glass and was swishing it around while eyeing her with interest.

Rowan examined them again and crawled back on top of the roof. Strangely, he caught a glimpse of a hooded figure with white and purple tipped hair staring back at him. As soon as he blinked, the person disappeared without a trace.

"What did you see?" Aisling asked, helping Rowan up.

"On the fourth black jack table on the left, two of them. A man and a woman both talking to two other men." Rowan reported. He decided to not bring up the person in the hood since it was probably just him being tired.

"Alright I'll go check," Aisling said, and she took the rope from Rowan and slid down it.

Rowan sat down next to James with a relieved sigh. He examined the bright stars and the crest of the moon, gleaming in the dark sky.

"Dude, do you trust Aisling?" James asked, breaking the silence.

"Nah, but if I get credit for taking down Winters," Rowan smiled, imagining Alyssa's reaction.

"It'll be worth it."