FORTUITOUS BRIGHT LIGHT XIV

Soohyuck looked through the small transparent glass hole on the door of ICU unit and saw Yonyue was on her treatment bed with so many injuries.
He sighed and walked back, to saw Mark and Lucas there.

“What about the driver?” he asked.

“Dead on the spot. She was seriously injured, including brain too. It will take time to heal.” Mark said.

“What happened actually?” he turned to them as they walked.

“She informed me and said they were looking over Gimphu area today. Later, I heard this.” Mark said.

“Did you go there? The scene of crime too, find anything suspicious?” he asked.

“Nothing. They had been broken the barrier board and boundary to fall into that huge pit but the problem is what made them went there?” Mark said.

“Should we file a complaint?” Lucas asked.

Soohyuck shook his head, “Not yet. I will say some men in our police to look through it privately.”

He then turned to the other two, “Since Yonyue is out of it, you should be the one who have to find Jisung to me. I put my hopes in you.”

He put his hands on the youngers shoulder. Lucas was scared and looked at them.

Mark stood steadily, “I will.”

A loud noise of a pistol was thrown on the floor. Mark looked at the furious Lucas and sighed, before sitting there calmly.

“What made you to say okay to them?” Lucas asked but didn’t get any reply.

This made him to grab Mark by collar and glared at him.

“Answer me, are you going to find her? Han Jisung? Bring her back and give to that monster again?”

His eyes got teary as he asked with a cracked voice. Mark stood there, closing his eyes. Lucas pushed him back on the couch.

“No. I won’t allow that. Even I don’t know where she is, I don’t want to see her being tortured like that again.”

Lucas shook his head and cried. He sat on the floor, cried even more. Let his all anger and sadness flow away.

“I can’t bear it. The sins we have done. We are the reason for her parent’s death. That boy, her brother, how old he will be? Seventeen? Eighteen? How can you do this hyung?”

He cried even more. Mark went to him and sat near him, made his head rest onto his shoulder and hugged him. He wiped his tears.

“Don’t cry.” He said.

“No. you are not my friend anymore. I swear, if you bring her back, I will kill myself. I can’t face her.” Lucas shook his head again, crying even more.

Mark hugged him. They stayed like that until, his crying turned into soft sobs.

“Hyung…” Lucas called him more like a whisper and got a hum in response, “I am sorry.”

Mark inhaled deeply, “I know where is she.”

Lucas immediately turned to him with wide eyes, “W-What?”
Mark nodded.

Mark had been in a doubt when the guard at the camera operating room said, the cameras got cut their signal often, even if there was no strong rain, wind was there.

This made him so suspicious, also the incident of Jisung being gone to see his parents to Busan. That day, the camera wasn’t working.

Seungyol was in a meeting and both Yonyue and Hela was with him. Since Lucas left to London this morning with Sujin, he was left alone.