Bonus: First Christmas

SEBASTIAN

I am shitting bricks.

Is it hot? I'm hot.

Are you hot?

Would Ana turn down the heat?

My hand keeps tugging at the front of my sweater, gasping for air. "Bear, would you relax?"

"Baby," I gave her a look from the passenger seat. Yeah, I'm too nervous to drive. "I am meeting your mother. What if she senses I lied? What if she says I'm not good enough for you? What if she hates me on sight?!"

We've been parked in front of Ana's childhood home for about ten minutes— all of for which I have been panicking.

She shuts me up with a dazzling kiss. It's soft and wanting, but also telling me I have nothing to worry about. I closed my eyes, relishing in her soft touch. "You have nothing to worry about. She will love you," Ana places tiny kisses on my lips and jaw.

"You sure? Because I don't know what I would do if she didn't?"

"Yes, babe. I'm sure." I nodded, finally ready to go in.

The snow was piling up on the windshield. Christmas in Paris is a beauty. The Eiffel Tower is my favourite place to visit during the holidays.

It's Ana and I's first Christmas. Waking up with her every day has been a dream that I have to pinch myself for every day. Ana and I take out the gifts from the backseat. The next thing I know, she opens the front door screaming, "Merry Christmas!"

My senses are instantly hit with the hot chocolate, cake, and lots of different foods I can't wait to try. Ana leads me into the living room, where we put the gifts under the tree. "Where are these people?"

"Ana!" Zee, her little sister, barrels towards my girl, almost throwing her down in a hug.

"Hey, brat," Ana returns the hug. I can see how much she misses her sister.

"Hey Seb," Zee sees me. She gives me a hug, leaving me a little shocked but I return it.

"Hey Zee. Merry Christmas," she pulled away, holding out her hand. This kid is about to dap me up.

"Sweet baby Jesus," Ana snorts at our interaction.

"Ana?" I looked up to see a woman, who looks to be in her forties. She looks the spitting image of Ana. She had on a red dress with her hair down. "Oh, my baby," she sniffles, wrapping her daughter in a hug.

"Hi mama."

Okay, Seb. This is it. Moment of truth.

The woman's soft eyes meet mine. I try my best not to run away and hide when she looks me up and down. "Who's this handsome young man?"

Okay. She called me 'handsome'. A win is a win.

Ana pulls me by the hand, before snuggling to my side. I'm pretty sure it's too calm me down a little. Her mom just stands there with a face that is a little too serious for my heart rate and folded arms. "Mom, this is my boyfriend, Sebastian. Seb, this is my mom Sarah."

"It's nice to meet you, ma'am," I held my hand out for her to shake.

She stares at me for a few more seconds, before bursting into laughter. "Oh, relax honey. I'm only kidding," she smacks my hand away and pulls me into a warm hug. I look to see Ana smirking at me. "I know who you are. Ana won't shut up about you," her mom pulls away, smiling. Ana's cheeks gush red. "Call me Sarah. You're family, now."

Her smile reminds me of Ana's. The skin around her eyes wrinkle a little with age, but she could fool anyone. I chuckled nervously, "thank you, Sarah. It's great to meet you, and—" I pause. Ana shakes her head at me. I smirk, knowing I'm going to do it anyway. "I would like to thank you for birthing the love of my life. You have done me a great service."