ᑭᖇOᒪOᘜᑌᗴ

Tɪᴀɴᴀ

"Zendaya! Hurry up!" I yelled. This girl moves so slow.

"Oh, honey. You're the best. Thank you for taking her to school. Gregory called me for a last-minute surgery. She's having a sleepover at her friend's house tonight, so her friend's mom will take her after school," my mother, Sarah, tells me while eating one of her blueberry muffins. She is a cardiothoracic surgeon at the children's hospital. Some cases are too heartbreaking for me to share. I don't know how she does it. My dad died in a car crash when I was eighteen. That was six years ago. It's been the three of us since then. My mom and I's careers helped out a lot. Zee was only six when dad died. She was closer to him than me, so we kept a careful, extra eye on her. I remember nights when she would crawl into my bed, and just cry.

"It's no problem, mom. I don't mind. I just wish someone would hurry the hell up!" I yelled for Zee to hear me. I love that girl. She's a mini me and has an attitude that send boys running. As they should.

"I'm here," she says plainly from behind me, chewing an apple. When did she get here? She's the fastest 14-year-old I know.

"Okay, let's go," I kissed my mom goodbye and dropped my sister to school when a call comes through the sound system. I answer, "Hold please. Bye Zee, enjoy your day," she waves goodbye.

"Bonjour?" I turn back to my call, driving off.

"Tiana! Where are you?" I hear my marketing director, Jake Salvador. My friend, Mark, and I called him 'Hitler.'

"On my way. What do you want?" I say plainly.

"Cut the attitude, Tiana," I roll my eyes. I hate when people say that. When some people are angry, they cry. Me? I don't cry. The last time I cried was my father's funeral. "You are late. The new boss will be here soon. We have things to do," he grits.

I love to argue.

"He's not gonna be here for the next three weeks or so," I retorted. Our last CEO was retiring in the next three weeks so every department was tidying up loose ends on accounts and making everything look presentable. I'm a marketing executive for the biggest marketing company in France, Asher Marketing. I was at the top of my class at university, and I'm now the best in my department, along with Mark. I love my job. It allows creativity and not everything is paperwork. The practical parts like meetings and planning launch events were my favourite part.

"Doesn't matter. Get here!" he yells.

"Don't freaking yell! I'll be there soon," I hang up. We have clients from Martin Revolier to Gucci Paris. I put on Ella-Mai when my phone rings again. "Tiana Trinity speaking, how can I help?"

"I would like to order a super-size crepe with strawberries, please," Cait says laughing. I'm unimpressed. "Sorry, sorry, sorry. Hey," she says.

"Hey, Ce. What's up?"

"You free tonight?"

"Yeah. I finish early tonight," I say with extra happiness in my voice. I have one more account to line up and I'm free. She tells me we're going to a club with the girls. The five of us live in a condo together. We planned it since college.

"I got the perfect outfit. Is True coming?" I ask, knowing that girl won't want to go anywhere on a weekend.

"Luna's working on that," I can hear the smirk in her voice.

"Coolzness," I turn into my company's parking lot. I'm greeted by my work bestie, Mark, as soon I walk into my office. I've been working here for three years. I was a headless chicken when I first came here, but Mark was my saviour. He showed me ropes in the department and from that day, we've been inseparable. He is my laugh in this place. "I'm guessing by the look on your face, that Jake called?"

I guess he can see the scowl on my face that only one person can create.

I roll my eyes, giving my answer. He bursts out laughing. Everyone hates Jake. Sadly, he's good at his job. He hands me some files for new clients. We are the best in our department, we just have a stupid, egotistical marketing director. "Any plans tonight?"

"Yeah, going to a club with the girls," I say reading the new client's file.

"Damn, wish I could come. My parents are coming tonight," he sighs. I remember the first time Mark met my friends, it was beautiful chaos filled with drunk singing and dancing.

"Aww, tell them I said hi," I pout. I love Mark's parents. Ellie and Matthieu were the best and they made the best macarons. Too bad their son is annoying as hell. "And don't worry, I'll drink in your honour," I smirk.

"I'm sure you will," he retorts.