ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ Tᗯᗴᒪᐯᗴ

Tɪᴀɴᴀ

Jake Salvador: Sir, the meeting with Tiana and Matt is set for next week Thursday is set up. We also have a problem with Gucci. They are making some new decisions that can jeopardize the account.

Meeting? The only meeting I have next week with Matt is with the new- boss.

That doesn't make sense. I work for Asher Marketing.

Asher.

Ash- the company is in his goddamn name.

The pain in my chest is excruciating and constricting. I can't breathe. How could he not tell me this? How could he lie to me? Every thought in my head evaporates as I put on some clothes. I hastily grab my underwear and one of Seb's jerseys. Men. They always do this. Lie to protect their precious asses. "Angel?" Please no. "Where are you going?"

"Out," I clipped.

"Ana, what's going on?" He steps closer to me. Come on, Ana. Wrap your hair in a bun and get out. "Angel."

"Don't call me that," I finally look at him. Lying son of a-

"What do you mean don't call you that?" He looks like I just shot him. I turn around, looking away from the anguish and worry in his eyes.

"I can't. Let me go, Seb," my voice breaks as I pick up the rest of my things.

"No, Ana," he rasps. He's in my space. He thinks he can break it out of me. Little does he know he just did. "Talk to me, baby. Let me help."

"No. You- you have done enough," like make me fall in love with you. "Oh, and check your messages before you go to bed," I move like lightning past him and out the door. I hear him call me over and over but I don't allow myself to stop.

One of the guards try to stop me from leaving but the glare I send his way immediately shifts his position, and he lets me by. I grab one of the keys and leave that place. I put my phone on silent, knowing he would call. I can't and don't have the heart to decline his calls.

How could he? I trusted him. I gave my all and he just used me. The romantic dynamic between the boss and an employee is inappropriate and complicated. If word got out, I can be discredited. I could have lost my integrity. And for what- a man who constantly kept that big secret from me.

I feel so stupid.

I drive for what feels like hours until I pull in front of Enzo's ice cream shop. I do need a pick me up. Sighing, I turn the car off and go inside. "Ana? Cherie, what are you doing here this hour of the night alone?" Enzo greets me with a warm smile and kisses my cheeks.

"Can't I come and see my favourite ice cream guy?" I joke. This is the first time I've smiled in over an hour.

"So you're using me for my delicacy. You should be ashamed," he playfully smacks my arm with his towel. I laugh. "What would you like, darling?"

I scanned the menu, "can I have two scoops of pistachio and one of vanilla, please? Oh, caramel and extra cookie crumble," I smile sheepishly.

"Big appetite. I love it," he nods fondly, and starts to make it.

"Needed a pick me up," I sigh wistfully. Enzo pauses to look at me. I feel like a child being stared at by their parent until they confess.

"Is everything, okay? Something happened with Seabass? If so, I will gladly square up in your honour," he raises his fists in a playful manner. A small laugh from me is all it takes for him to smile. He knows something is wrong, but he chooses not to pry yet. Enzo finishes up my ice cream, before making something for himself and sitting with me. "Just saying, whatever we discuss here, stays here. It will not go back to Sebastian. You have my word," he nods firmly. I smile warmly at his words.

I have my friends, but sometimes a new opinion can be refreshing. "What if the one you love has been keeping a big secret? Not one like you had a disease as a child, but one that can put your job and integrity on the line. Why would they hide it?"

Enzo looks at me. Inspecting my face as I dive into my treat. I'm definitely eating my feelings tonight. "Well, I may not have much experience with that situation, but I do know love and I do know Sebastian. When you came here for the first time, I could see it. The way he looks at you- like you hung the moon and stars for him- I knew. I knew he would do everything to protect you. I know he never wishes to hurt you."

"But he did," I sigh. "He doesn't even know why. I just left. I couldn't let him see me cry. Not over him," I look down.

"If you don't feel hurt in a relationship sometimes, then suspect foul play. No one is perfect, sweetheart. If you don't mind me asking, why don't you let him see you cry?"

"Cuz I don't cry. I don't let anyone see. I have to stay strong," I try to convince myself.

"Not for him. He wants to know what's going on. Maybe you should let him see. Show him," he holds my hand over the table. I think about his words. As soon as I saw the text and put it all together, I ran. I ran from saying it out loud. I ran from the fact that if I say it out loud, it becomes true and there is no future for us. "Words don't always give the right message. Show him how he hurt you. That man loves you, and would sell his soul just to fix it."

That man loves you.

Those four words ring in my head like an loud alarm.

"You don't think I'm a robot because I don't cry?" I can't help but ask.

"Of course not! Everyone has their own way of dealing. Yours just happens to be running. Next time, try not to run. Face the problem. Say what you feel. It may not make sense half the time but he will figure it out," Enzo smiles at me. I drop my spoon and reach across to hug him. "Oh! It's okay, sweetheart," he pats my back. "Everything will be okay."

"Thank you, Enzo."

"De rein, Ana. Anytime."

I leave Enzo with one last hug before I head home. I asked how much the ice cream was, but he let me go, even with an extra snack. I texted one of the guards at the house to let me in discreetly. I didn't want to wake up any of my friends. True was out so it was just Cait, Luna, and Royalty. "Merci, Eugene," I thank my inside man.

"Is there a problem, miss? The reason why you didn't want to wake anyone?" He asks, his voice laced with concern. I shake my head.

"Just being considerate," he looks at me funny, before nodding. "Good night, Eugene."

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow, but it needs to be done.

----
Must say... love Enzo❤️