ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ TᕼIᖇTY-TᗯO

Sᴇʙᴀsᴛɪᴀɴ

"Oh my gosh! I thought you weren't coming back!" I haven't taken five good steps yet, before Mark squeezes the daylights out of me. "How could you leave me so long?!" He pulls away, looking at me accusingly. Whiplashhhh.

"I was gone for three day, dumbass," I laughed, as we walked to his desk. I still have some things here. He refused to let every piece of me go. Something about the spirit of incompetence will take my place. I don't know, and I didn't ask. Sitting in my old chair, I spilt everything that happened in the past three days. Spain, the panic, the reunion. Mark's mouth was open for the whole thing.

"So, you're back to having dirty sex?" he wiggles his eyebrows.

"That's all you got from that?" I laughed.

He shrugs his shoulders, "possibly. But, I'm happy for you, Annes. Just lock the door when you go into his office." I bust out laughing. Only Mark.

Since Seb had nothing for me to do, I hung out with Mark until lunch. I was wildly disturbed at the squeal he let out when I gave him the chocolates I got him and the flamenco CD, he just had to have. In the elevator, my mind ran through the past three days. Seb is my boss, and also my boyfriend. I love him to death, but I can't help but think... What now?

The boss and employee dynamic is complicated in relationships. Do I stay his assistant? Do I go back to being an executive? Do I have to get a new job?

Oh God. I hope I don't.

My wandering thoughts followed me out of the elevator and into his office. "Hi, baby." That voice.

"Hey, bear. I brought you some lunch," I placed the container I made this morning on his desk.

"Thank you, Angel," he smiled at me. What if we can't work out? "You have that look on your face. What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"Nothing," I said softly, sitting on one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"Angellll," damn it. I slowly brought my eyes to him. He beckoned me over, pulling me down on his lap. "Talk to me, baby. Let me help," his thumb brushed a calming pattern on my skin.

"I've just been thinking. About us. Like what happens now? Do I stay your assistant or get a new job?" I ramble. "It's been bothering me since we got back. It's going to be hard."

"I know, baby. I've been thinking about it, too," he sighs, leaning back in his chair. "I'm not letting you go again, so I thought of some alternatives. One, you can stay my assistant. That way I can have you close. Or two, you can become an executive again. If you want to. I know you loved that job," he looks at me. "But without a doubt, either one includes publicly announcing our relationship." What now? "If the news that we are in a relationship came out from anyone else, it would spin into a completely different story."

His words made me think. Everyone in my life would be affected, no matter what. My mom and sister would hear about it. My friends. It could spiral. I heard stories about reports of stalking significant others of celebrities, and rich people. I wondered how much they knew about Seb.

"Stop thinking so hard, Angel," he taps the side of my forehead playfully. "Look at me," I turned to look into his grizzly eyes. "I got you. I already started drafting a statement. It's just for you to check and we're set," he brushes his thumb on my bottom lip. "I won't leave you to face it alone, baby. I'm by your side. If it scares you, talk to me. I want to hear every scary thought you may have. I'm your partner. Don't hide anything from me," he places a soft kiss on my lips.