ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ ᑎIᑎᗴTᗴᗴᑎ

Tɪᴀɴᴀ

God, why did I agree to be his date? Not like I had a choice. Why does he have to look so good? Why did he have to wear that cologne? Why did he have to smile?

After my little breakdown, Seb started to give me my space. Space to heal. Space to recover and go again.

That day, I just wanted him to hold me. Like everything was okay. Like we were still together and in love. Like I woke up with his arms around me, showering me in kisses.

"Annes?" I hear Mark. He's decked in a grey suit. He looks good with his tan skin and bright blue eyes. "You look beautiful," he spins me around. I giggle, thanking him. I'm wearing a sparkling red dress. The V cut in the front reaches right under my bra line. Two slits that start above my thighs, expose my toned legs. I really like it. True did my makeup, while Royalty did my hair. It was flowing down in curls on my shoulder.

"You don't look too bad yourself

"You don't look too bad yourself. You ready to mingle?" I snort. Mark loved his job as much as I do but he was the definition of an introvert if he was talking about anything that's not work with strangers.

"As I'll ever be," he grumbles. "Have you seen your boyfriend yet?" I jab him in the ribs.

"Yes, and he is not my boyfriend," I rolled my eyes. It so happens that at that same time, his eyes meet mine. This man. He wore a navy blue suit that looked like it was stuck to his huge body. The dark red shirt is buttoned to his neck, with a black, silk tie. His hair was freshly marked and faded. He looked immaculate. I feel his eyes scale my body like a tower for the fifth time tonight. We hadn't gone into the main hall yet, so everyone was outside in the lobby. I mouthed a 'hi' to him, to which he returned with a subtle tip of the chin.

"Okay, so I'm going to find my date. Third wheeling isn't fun," Mark pretends to be disgusted with our subtle flirting, but I knew the sack was ecstatic for me. "Wrap it before you tap it, babe," he kisses my cheek before running away.

I swear I have children for friends.

Seb stops his conversation, and makes his way over to me. Just then, I see Cait and Tristan walk in, hand in hand. When did that happen? Cait sees my questioning look, smiles and I know we are going to talk about it later. "Miss Trinity."

Seb stands in front of me. "Mr. Dubois."

I see the subtle way he licks his lips. Like he's trying to imagine what I taste like. "You look stunning."

"Thank you," I whisper. "You look like a dream."

My mouth has no filter around this man. 

He smirks, "Merci." He steps closer to me. His intoxicating scent is my kryptonite at this very moment. His soft breaths fan my face. Like he's inhaling my mango scent. I am so close. I could kiss him. Deciding on a desperate need for changing the subject, I say, "When did that happen?" I point to Tristan and Cait. They were standing with linked arms. Cait looks like she wants to be anywhere but here, and Tristan has a smug look on his face.

He sighs. "Dad needed his two offsprings to have a date. For me, well, you know the situation. For Tristan, I think he likes her, but he's confused. Dad arranged it."

I nod in agreement. "If he gets out of line, four girls will be whipping him into shape," I jab his shoulder playfully.

"No problem here," he chuckles. We hear an announcement and the doors to the main hall open. "Ready?" He holds his hand out for me.

"Ready," I nod. I take his hand. I almost pull away at the sensation. Seb must feel that electricity too, because his jaw clenches. We found our table. I sit next to Cait and Seb sits on the next side. Mark and his date sit opposite, with James and Seb's dad.

"Love the dress," I whisper to her. Cait wore a jade green ball gown. For her tiny figure, it suited her well. Her eyes stood out more. Her cheeks were sprinkled lightly with glitter, and she had a smokey eye.

 Her cheeks were sprinkled lightly with glitter, and she had a smokey eye

"Thanks

"Thanks. Love the date," she eyes Seb in a playfully curious way. "How's that going since... you know?"

My breakdown.

"For boss and assistant, we're okay. More than that, I'm trying," I tell her honestly.

"I'm happy for you, Ana," she rests her head on my shoulder.

"Thanks. Everything okay with you and Killer over there?" I smirk. The man himself hears his name, and winks at us.

Cait rolls her eyes and ignores him. "Don't encourage him," she playfully scolds.

"Good evening, everyone," all eyes go to the stage where Seb is. When did he get up? "I would like to thank you all for coming this evening. This could not have been possible without you, especially my team. They have worked their asses off to make this event possible. This fundraiser is made to build business relationships, and to simply get a break from our busy lives. So, feel free to mingle, and enjoy the meal and rest of the evening. Thank you," the audience claps. Seb returns to his seat.

I'm so proud of him.

"What?" He looks at me.

"Sorry," I blush.

"Do I have something on his face?" he tilts his head to the side.

"N-no. I just- I'm proud of you. You worked hard. You deserve it," I say so naturally. My cheeks hurt with the blush I'm currently sporting. I hear a low growl. He looks at me. I know that look. He wants to kiss me. Hard.

"Thank you," he sounds strained. Clearing his throat, he asks, "would you join me for a dance?"

This would probably break every rule I've set. "Yes."

I take his hand as he leads us to the dance floor. A slow song plays. Seb pulls me flush against his chest. I wrap my hands around his neck, and his grip around my waist tightens. He sways our bodies, his deep, brown eyes never leaving mine. "Thank you."

"For what?" I look at him.

"For being here," he looks at me- practically stares into my eyes. I pout, and smile. "I couldn't do this without you."

"Thanks for having me," I kiss his cheek softly.