ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ ᖴOᑌᖇTᗴᗴᑎ

Tɪᴀɴᴀ

It's been one week since I saw or heard from Seb. Life has been crappy since then, and getting worse because Mother Nature decided to visit me today. The day of the meeting with Sebastian. My Boss. The man I love. The man who broke my heart.

My Mafia CEO.

I almost laugh at how cliché this is. I've been back out to work since Monday. I haven't seen Seb at all, and a part of me is grateful for that. Another part of me however, wants to see him. For two reasons. The first being, I just miss him, and the second, I want to see if he looks as tormented as me. "Earth, Anne. Hey, you okay?" Matt waves his hand in front of my face. "You've been zoning out all week. Something up?"

"My period came today," I rest my head on the table. Can this meeting start already. Matt goes into my bag and pulls out the tablets I take for the pain. I threw up three times this morning, bled through my underwear, and snapped at a barista for putting chocolate on my iced coffee. "It's been a rough morning."

"Oof. Sorry, Anne, but something else is bothering you." Yeah, our boss is my recent ex-boyfriend.

Speak of the Devil.

Jake and Sebastian walk into the meeting room, causing both of us to stand up. Matt helps me up because of my crippling cramps and little will to live. "We'll talk after. I'm treating you to lunch," Matt winks at me, and I smile. I don't know what I'd do without him.

"Matt, Tiana, this is our new CEO, Mr. Sebastian Dubois," Jake introduces us and we nod. He shakes hand with Matt and then with me. He has on a navy blue suit with a white shirt on the inside that gives him a sexy boss vybe. He looks the same but the light in his eyes is gone. He smiles but I don't recognize him.

Wait. Why am I checking him out?

Because you wanted to see if he's as miserable as you and you also love him.

"Pleasure to meet you, sir," I smile sarcastically. I ignore the warmth of his hand and pull away like it burns. The meeting begins and we talk about everything from past clients to current ones. Seb pitched some ideas that he would like implemented soon.

"I want to have a fundraiser. A ball in the next three months. All of our clients, old and new, come together for a good time. It will increase relations and bring in potential clients, so we will be really busy for the next couple weeks" he points to the slide. A ball is a lot but it's nothing we can't manage.

"I think it's a good idea, sir," Matt says.

"Same here. Miss Trinity, what do you think?" Jake's voice pulls me out of my wandering thoughts.

"I- I think it's a good idea. It will definitely help to bring new clients," I muster up a quick honest answer. All of them nod, and soon the meeting ends.

"Miss Trinity, may I have a word, please?"

No, you may not.

"Yes, sir," I put extra bite on the last word. "Matt, I'll meet you outside."

Time to talk to my boss.

He takes me to his office. He sits behind his desk. His big, boss desk. "Hi."

"Hello, sir. How can I help?"

"What's with the sir?" He asks accusingly.

"I don't know what you're talking about, sir. I am your employee. Is there something I can help you with?" Taking a seat in front of him.

His jaw and fists clenched. I hold back my smirk. "Angel, please. Let's fix this."

"Fix what? You are my boss. I am not risking my job and reputation. You knew who I was and used me anyway. You should have told me," I bite. He is getting me angry now, and today is not the day. My anger subsided by ten percent within the week, but he is pushing it.

"Tiana, listen to me. I-"

"Don't you dare say you love me. Don't say it," I grit. I love him with all my heart, but he lied. I can't change that fact. I deserve someone who doesn't lie to me about the important things. "I can't forgive you right now. I just can't, so you need to leave me alone, unless it's work-related."

"Angel." That name.

"I'm done with this conversation, sir. It's inappropriate between a boss and an employee," I smart.

"Cut the attitude, Tiana. I'm trying here," he growls at me.

"And I'm done," I say, before walking out of his office.
----

"No shit! You and the boss?" Mark whisper-yells. After I left his office, I practically grabbed Mark by the arm and dragged him out with me. "Wow. I knew you were sounding happier for the past few weeks for a reason."

"I didn't know he was my boss when we met, Mark," I grimace, eating my second plate of food. The anger I feel mixed with my period hormones make me a crazy eating machine. "And I can be happy without a man."

"I know. I know, Annes. What he did was f**ked up, yeah. He should have told you, and then you guys would have had a fair fighting chance, but-"

"I fell in love with guy." I state the obvious and painful truth.

"You fell in love with the guy. So what now? I can't stand to see my favourite girl slumping in a job I know she loves," he bumps my shoulder.

"I know. I hate it, too. I ended it, before anything got more complicated," I sigh. The French Toast tastes really good.

"More complicated than falling in love with your boss?" He chuckles.

"Hey," I smile sadly.

"You know I love you, Anne. Whatever you need, I got you."

"Is a drunk night out included?" I smile and he laughs.

"Definitely."

And that's exactly what happens.