ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ TᗯᗴᑎTY-TᗯO

Tɪᴀɴᴀ

"Last file, Mark," I handed him our last account for the week.

"How's the new job?" He asks, looking at his computer screen.

"Fine," I say. One of the things I love about him- besides the girls- is he's my personal diary at work. I'm the same for him. "It's just weird. There are moments where things feel like shit didn't hit the fan, and then the ones where he just reminds of his lies. I'm so confused."

Clicking of keys halts. "Annes, look at me," I look at my favourite person in the office. "Don't beat yourself up for being confused. It makes you human. You're not a robot. You love him. I can see that. He loves you. Being confused is part of the way back. Just take it step by step, okay?"

I nod, internalizing his words. "You're so smart, yet-"

"Dumb?" He chuckles and I bust out laughing. "I'm a talented man, honey." We talk some more before he leaves and I return to my office. I sit on my desk typing some letters and wrapping up some last minute things. The gala was a success and we hit it off with some new companies. I was in between setting up meetings to creating files.

I loved it.

Someone knocks on my door. "Come in!"

A tall man walks in. He has dark hair, blue eyes, and looks to be in his early forties. He was dressed in a crisp suit. He smiles. "Bonjour. I am Sylvester Harrington."

Right. Him.

"Yes, Mr. Harrington," I stand up, and fix my top. Sylvester Harrington is one of our new clients. I don't know why he is here, though. CEOs normally send a proxy before meetings. "I wasn't expecting to see you. How can I help? Mr. Dubois isn't here today."

"I came to confirm our meeting for next week. I was in the area, getting some things for my wife," he says.

"Oh, it's on Friday at 10am," I check my calendar. He nods, stepping closer to my desk.

"I will have my assistant with me. He cleared my schedule, so we will have more than enough time to discuss everything."

I nod, taking every word he says. "No problem, sir. Is that all?"

"Oui. I noticed you packed up your desk. Are you leaving now?" I nod. "Let me walk you out then," he offers.

"I can walk myself out, thank you," I picked up my bag.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, miss. You are the only one here, and my mother raised a gentleman," he smirks at me. I give him a quizzical smile, but nod. We walked out of my office. His phone rings. "Hey, baby. Yeah. On my way now... pickles?... okay, sweetheart."

"Wife?" He nods. His smile grows into an ecstatic one.

"Her pregnancy cravings have been insane," he chuckles.

I nod, laughing as well. "Yeah. My mom had the same. Her go-to was pickles, mayo and butter paste sandwiches. So gross."

"How you guys do it, I don't know," he shakes his head.

"You'll be okay," I pat his shoulder. He chuckles, and we make small talk when...

"Am I interrupting something?" Sebastian stood behind us. Those brown eyes I loved so much held so many emotions. Anger, worry, protectiveness, and jealous?

He's a married man, dude.

"Mr. Dubois. I wasn't expecting you today," I turned toward him. "I was just leaving."

"Damn right, you are," he growls. Mr. Sylvester just tries to hold in his laugh at our encounter. Almost as if he understands why he is acting like that. Men and their alpha male complexes. "Who are you?"